Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16-Way GPU OpenCL Showdown With Radeon ROCm, NVIDIA 384 On Linux

Phoronix: 16-Way GPU OpenCL Showdown With Radeon ROCm, NVIDIA 384 On Linux

With earlier this week having delivered our very latest NVIDIA GeForce vs. Radeon OpenGL/Vulkan graphics benchmarks, I have now finished up the very latest OpenCL Linux compute numbers for both vendor's graphics cards on their latest drivers. Radeon cards were tested with their latest ROCm packages on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS while on the NVIDIA side was their long-lived 384.59 driver release.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any reason Darktable is still at version 2.0? Even Ubuntu's repositories have picked up 2.2.x by now.

Another thing that may of interest for some is that supposedly Darktable 2.2 can use musl, so Michael, maybe you want/have the time to give that a try or run a comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      Any reason Darktable is still at version 2.0? Even Ubuntu's repositories have picked up 2.2.x by now.

Another thing that may of interest for some is that supposedly Darktable 2.2 can use musl, so Michael, maybe you want/have the time to give that a try or run a comparison.
      It's the build from 16.04.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

It's the build from 16.04.
        Ah, ok then. No biggie.

Comment

Michael

Could you test the RX 550 too? That's the only Radeon card I have got.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
            Michael

Could you test the RX 550 too? That's the only Radeon card I have got.
            Wasn't running a number of the OpenCL tests, I think due to vRAM issues.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I'm really happy to see FAHBench being used as a test \o/ it has CPU mode too, I'd be curious to see how processors compare to videocards with this. Sad that none of the AMD cards would work with it though :-/

Comment

Working...
              X