Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahead Of Radeon RX Vega, AMDGPU+RadeonSI Is Offering The Most Competitive Performance Yet Against NVIDIA On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahead Of Radeon RX Vega, AMDGPU+RadeonSI Is Offering The Most Competitive Performance Yet Against NVIDIA On Linux

Phoronix: Ahead Of Radeon RX Vega, AMDGPU+RadeonSI Is Offering The Most Competitive Performance Yet Against NVIDIA On Linux

With the Radeon RX Vega 56 and Vega 64 shipping in two weeks, here are some benchmarks of the latest Radeon and NVIDIA Linux graphics drivers with an assortment of modern GPUs. With these latest Linux GPU results are also the current performance-per-Watt and thermal metrics as recorded automatically via the Phoronix Test Suite benchmarking software. This Radeon vs. NVIDIA Linux comparison should be particularly interesting given the very good Mesa Git performance results posted yesterday that show RadeonSI performing well beyond the AMDGPU-PRO OpenGL levels.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

rx 480 consistently beating gtx 1060 YES!!

Comment

"while the R9 Fury is just ahead of the R9 Fury."
      Typo.

Comment

Since RadeonSI seems to rock in our days, does anyone know where I can find any of these? (RAM size doesn't matter)
        https://www.custompcreview.com/revie...s-card-review/

Comment

Originally posted by Apopas View Post
          "while the R9 Fury is just ahead of the R9 Fury."
          Typo.
          Fixed, thanks.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
            Yep the GL results this time caught me by surprise.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post
              It may be a regression on nvidia's side. It does not reflect windows/directx benchmark results, a.k.a. what the hardware is actually capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post

It may be a regression on nvidia's side. It does not reflect windows/directx benchmark results, a.k.a. what the hardware is actually capable of.
                And here i thought NVidia's drivers were perfect and never had regressions.

Comment

The thing is that a teraflop is a teraflop, so a 7 teraflops radeon is as strong as a 7 teraflops geforce. The only difference is the circumstances under those the full strength of each is visible. So i'm very sorry for those who bought fps and not teraflops years ago. Also i think that a D3D11 state tracker may come soon and compensate those who bought open source even more.

Comment

Well very good results for the Fury card, is that with AMDGPU or RadeonSI driver running on the Fury, never can tell. Anyway I hope RADV and those benchmark optimizations come fast, I would really love to see Vulkan perform excellently like it should for AMD hardware under Linux. AMD really should be kicking NVIDIA's ass with Vulkan!
                    Last edited by theriddick; 31 July 2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X