Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Firms Up It's Releasing Radeon RX Vega At SIGGRAPH

Phoronix: AMD Firms Up It's Releasing Radeon RX Vega At SIGGRAPH

Just in case you had any doubt of AMD launching the Radeon RX Vega graphics card later this month at SIGGRAPH, they've now made it publicly clear...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

new Vega, also new Rick and Morty season at the same moment. excellent

Comment

Some sensible TDP card would be welcome. Their founders edition is a power hungry beast (more like double GPU really).

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
        Some sensible TDP card would be welcome. Their founders edition is a power hungry beast (more like double GPU really).
        Yeah, I'm still waiting for a modern single-slot fanless card from AMD to use for passthrough to VMs that is possibly around 50-60 euros tops.

Comment

I wish I could trust AMD to put out a quality product but I have a feeling it's going to be a power hungry tower of a series of cards that are out performed by competition... yet again. Honestly, I would almost wish they just not put out a card so they can catch up like they did with Zen. Unfortunately, I have reason to believe I'll be stuck on a laptop for the next few years so I guess it doesn't matter to me since AMD has no presence in the laptop market.

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
            ... so I guess it doesn't matter to me since AMD has no presence in the laptop market.
            Hmm? You do know that HP, Lenovo, Dell etc all provide laptops with the AMD cards, right?

Comment

I wish I could trust AMD to put out a quality product but I have a feeling it's going to be a power hungry tower of a series of cards that are out performed by competition... yet again. Honestly, I would almost wish they just not put out a card so they can catch up like they did with Zen. Unfortunately, I have reason to believe I'll be stuck on a laptop for the next few years so I guess it doesn't matter to me since AMD has no presence in the laptop market.
              This post has so much troll in it that I don't even know where to begin.

10/10, would get trolled again.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

What part is a troll? Start at the first sentence.

Comment

What part is a troll? Start at the first sentence.
                  everything.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post

Tbh, the only Vega we know about (FE) is touted to sometimes match a Titan Xp, but it comes with 2 8pin connectors whereas the Titan Xp is 8pin+6pin. So it's not unreasonable to suspect Vega will not close the efficiency gap.

Comment

Working...
                    X