Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Driving AMDGPU's Performance With DRM-Next For Linux 4.13

Phoronix: Test Driving AMDGPU's Performance With DRM-Next For Linux 4.13

With the Linux 4.13 merge window likely to open next week and the DRM-Next cutoff already having passed for new material that in turn wants to target 4.13, here are some initial benchmarks with a Polaris and Fiji graphics cards for this new AMDGPU DRM code.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not really related, but I want to say that there is a huge gain in performance, on the game American Truck Simulator in recent days on radeonsi git. If you add the "mesa_glthread=true %command%" option on the game, the gain is even bigger. On a intersection on the city Bakersfield, were before the number was about 25 FPS, now is 35 without mesa_glthread and 45/50 with it. That my friends, is better than the OpenGL renderer on Windows and almost the same as the DX renderer.

If the opensource team wants to whitelist a bunch of games to use mesa_glthread, you guys have my absolute blessing in doing so with American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (same engine), the gains are huge.

Comment

There is a regression on the Mad Max Stronghold benchmark with the RX580 of about -13% (74 -> 65), I wouldn't call that nothing. However mostly unchanged is true.

Comment

Working...
      X