Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Driving AMDGPU's Performance With DRM-Next For Linux 4.13

Phoronix: Test Driving AMDGPU's Performance With DRM-Next For Linux 4.13

With the Linux 4.13 merge window likely to open next week and the DRM-Next cutoff already having passed for new material that in turn wants to target 4.13, here are some initial benchmarks with a Polaris and Fiji graphics cards for this new AMDGPU DRM code.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=24845

Not really related, but I want to say that there is a huge gain in performance, on the game American Truck Simulator in recent days on radeonsi git. If you add the "mesa_glthread=true %command%" option on the game, the gain is even bigger. On a intersection on the city Bakersfield, were before the number was about 25 FPS, now is 35 without mesa_glthread and 45/50 with it. That my friends, is better than the OpenGL renderer on Windows and almost the same as the DX renderer.

If the opensource team wants to whitelist a bunch of games to use mesa_glthread, you guys have my absolute blessing in doing so with American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2 (same engine), the gains are huge.

Comment

There is a regression on the Mad Max Stronghold benchmark with the RX580 of about -13% (74 -> 65), I wouldn't call that nothing. However mostly unchanged is true.

Comment

Working...
      X