X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FishPls View Post
    No review samples? That's not good..
    Originally posted by vortex View Post
    This isn't the consumer card, so don't expect reviews...
    When the consumer Vega launches, then you will see reviews.
    You missed the sample word. Michael is in need for samples to review them, so: no sample, no review, consumer or not. And that's a shame AMD does not send some. It looks like Nvidia is used to send free samples to Michael if I read things right, but Michael has to buy AMD ones, see this page:

Not as many Radeon GPUs were tested as NVIDIA due to not having as much Radeon hardware with usually having to purchase those GPUs myself.
    As you can see, Michael always have unaffordable top-of-the line Nvidia GPU to benchmark but Michael haven't showed us top-of-the-line Radeon GPU since years, only the affordable ones.

Comment

That's some crazy price for power hungry beast. Normal card should have half of that TDP (and price for that matter) or less. I hope AMD will produce something more reasonable for enthusiasts.

Comment

Originally posted by illwieckz View Post
        You missed the sample word. Michael is in need for samples to review them, so: no sample, no review, consumer or not. And that's a shame AMD does not send some.
        The point vortex was making was that we haven't sent samples to anyone at this point - and that the usual sampling cycle will happen when the gaming versions rollout.
        Test signature

Comment

You people are missing the point. This card is cheaper than the Titan X/Xp and offers potential better performance. If AMD can deliver *actual* better or even equal performance at TensorFlow et al this card will sell brilliantly.

People on this market are eager for someone to dethrone nVidia with their exorbitant prices and closed ecosystem.

Comment

Its better performance for generally computing desktop and graphics work. As for gaming, it probably performs on par to the top end RX Vega which hopefully will be released end next month for no more then $599USD (even thats a bit high IMO)

Comment

I guess i'm crazy, I just preordered it.

Comment

Yes, this card seems to be intended to compete with NVIDIA's Quadro series (or maybe the Titan X/Xp/whatever). Those are super expensive/overpriced, intended for enterprise customers who are happy to pay for it. If AMD can deliver superior performance with this card, it could be some good competition.

Comment

Originally posted by tajjada View Post
                  Yes, this card seems to be intended to compete with NVIDIA's Quadro series (or maybe the Titan X/Xp/whatever). Those are super expensive/overpriced, intended for enterprise customers who are happy to pay for it. If AMD can deliver superior performance with this card, it could be some good competition.
                  If this Vega is primarily a compute card, then it competes with NVidia Tesla. Look up the prices on Tesla. This is not a consumer product. I see folks commenting as if it's some "overpriced" l33t peecee gamer card. It's not.

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

If this Vega is primarily a compute card, then it competes with NVidia Tesla. Look up the prices on Tesla. This is not a consumer product. I see folks commenting as if it's some "overpriced" l33t peecee gamer card. It's not.
                    Problem there is, when pcper was testing openCL, it was slower than the Fury, and the older WX Pro cards.
                    Their card was hitting that 300w TDP and throttling.

Really wish someone would take a good look at the blower design of the Vega.
                    Things are just not adding up.

Comment

Working...
                    X