Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a good graphics card(s) for multi monitor setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions for a good graphics card(s) for multi monitor setup?

Hello,

Im going to build a couple of workstations that will be running Debian. The workstations will also have between 2 and 4 screens with a resolution of 3840x2160.

Is AMD or Nvidia the recommended platform to use today? Im primarily concerned about ease of driver installation, and driver upgrades when upgrading the kernel. (Its been a few years since I worked with anything but Intel graphics, but back then the installation steps included waiting until the right moon face, and then sacrificing a goat. Perhaps the situation have improved since then?)

Is it possible to use two graphics card in the same computer to bypass the cards limit of how many screens it supports? Or will that require me to run multiple instances of Xorg? (Making it impossible to do things such as move Windows between the monitors?)

Are there any performance considerations I should make, or will all modern graphics cards be fast enough to support multiple high resolution monitors? We will not be doing anything more advanced than spreadsheets, web browsing and an occasional youtube video.

Any suggestions for a specific card or chip to look closer at would be highly appreciated.
Working...
X