Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coriander Project: Compile CUDA Codes To OpenCL, Run Everywhere

Phoronix: Coriander Project: Compile CUDA Codes To OpenCL, Run Everywhere

AMD's GPUOpen has been working on the HIP compiler to allow NVIDIA CUDA code to be executed on AMD GPUs, but now there's a separate and more universal effort: Coriander...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

But OpenCL is dying. Khronos is merging it with Vulkan.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      Haven't heard that, and even if : so what? with llvm, changing the destination target should be a moderate amount of work.

Comment

OpenCL is faster than Cuda. With more optimizations it might make Vega a very attractive card indeed.

Comment

Cool! I wonder if this can be used to run Physx work on GPU using OpenCL? I believe Physx uses CUDA, and it is hardware accelerated on NVIDIA GPUs.

Comment

Anyone know how tough it would be to add OpenCL 2.2 support to Coriander?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
              That's not dying, it's providing a streamlined bridge to make V/OCL work as efficiently as possible.

Comment

This is really cool but I'd like to have seen it years ago. I'd be interested to see results on Nvidia GPUs, to see the potential performance losses.

Imagine being able to use IGPs for PhysX.

Comment

I'm sure if NVIDIA could stop this, they would. Their precious CUDA's can't be let to roam free!

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    I'm sure if NVIDIA could stop this, they would. Their precious CUDA's can't be let to roam free!
                    Haven't they usually done that by hiring the developers?

Comment

Working...
                    X