Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU-PRO 17.10 vs. Linux 4.12 + Mesa 17.2-dev Git

Phoronix: AMDGPU-PRO 17.10 vs. Linux 4.12 + Mesa 17.2-dev Git

Given the RadeonSI/Gallium3D threaded pipe context work having landed earlier this week and there being other performance improvements with Linux 4.12 and Mesa 17.2-dev, here are some fresh benchmarks on an AMD Polaris card comparing this latest open-source graphics driver code as of this week compared to AMD's latest hybrid driver, AMDGPU-PRO 17.10.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

mesa is going to be superlative.

Comment

Someone on the forums wrote that Saints Row benefits from Gallium3D threading recently. I hoped to see that benchmarked here on phoronix.

Comment

Cool, those drivers are getting better and better for GCN+ cards, very nice.

Comment

Hi Michael, can I find this results on openbenchmarking.org as one profile, or did you do them locally and separately? I would like to make the same run on my machine to compare.
          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
            Someone on the forums wrote that Saints Row benefits from Gallium3D threading recently. I hoped to see that benchmarked here on phoronix.
            AFAIK, Saints Row doesn't have any integrated benchmarking capability??
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thanks @Michael the 1080p tests was much more interesting the the previous benchmark.
              It's looking great in many games but Madmax difference was brutal.
              Comparing the results against earlier nvidia testing shows how good the results are.
              Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Last edited by Nille_kungen; 20 May 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                Comparing the results against earlier nvidia testing shows how good the results are.
                results are even better, because nvidia had faster cpu

Comment

would be really nice to see avg GPU load.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                    Thanks @Michael the 1080p tests was much more interesting the the previous benchmark.
                    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...dia-vlk-madmax
                    https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-nvidia-madmax
                    actually comparing the results they seem too good to be true.

Comment

Working...
                    X