No announcement yet.

AMD Radeon RX 580 Linux OpenGL/Vulkan Benchmarks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you run the benchmark with rx480 and rx580 with limited fps to 144 and then 60? Playing dota 2. 144 is for 144 monitors and 60 is for just having playable game at any time. And measure the power consumtion. Also I would be interested in these new so called power savings.

Comment

GTX 1060 remains the better choice.
      RX 580 is even less efficient than RX 480, and consumes more than GTX 1080. The efficiency gap with Pascal is massive.

Comment

Hm, interesting. Indeed, looks like the increased clocks cost power. Since I have a GTX 660, and my PSU is ~440W, I really don't want to go above that. Which means that an RX 580 is just out of the range. An RX 570 is well within it, though. On the other hand, RX 480 is also within it. Which means that there's an annoying dilemma between the stronger RX 480 and weaker RX 570. The RX 480 might be more power-hungry than was shown in specs, but it's still less power-hungry than RX 580 as seen in the benchmark.

I suppose the price-performance is better for the RX 570 though.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
          GTX 1060 remains the better choice.
          RX 580 is even less efficient than RX 480, and consumes more than GTX 1080. The efficiency gap with Pascal is massive.
          I agree if you like patch nvidia driver for new kernels, do not like graphical user interfaces and you like ugly terminal resolution.

Comment

Working...
          X