Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stiiixy
    replied
    Ardje, you live, what, an hours drive from Germany? When I went to Europe, I drove through two countries accidentally. I was still adjusting to the size. First world problems ay mate 8-D

It costs me seventy Aussie bucks to get a PC shipped from Sydney, in my own country and it takes nearly a whole week to arrive. I live in a town with an international airport. I can fly to Bali for 99 and it takes about five hours. The next closest major town centre to me is four hours by highway.

I'm sure you can afford 15E's for your card, or have someone duck over the border for it and pick up some krates of bier as well!

Send me some 8-D

Leave a comment:

• Ardje
    replied
    [QUOTE=baka0815;n946811]
    $239 is net price, without vat. So it is more like $284 (gross, 19% vat). But taking the current exchange ratio for dollar <> euro it should be about €265.
    The 8GB variant from MSI costs about €279 at mindfactory
    Man... I should just order anything from .de ... The lowest price is 379 in the Netherlands...
    I do occassionally order from .de due to them being up to 50% lower in price. It usually ads at least 15 euro to shipping, but hey, that's worth it. My only problem is warranty and sending back 8-D.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    So much misinformation in this thread.

The RX 5xx series is not Vega, yes. Vega is to come later and will probably feature something like HBM2. Even later there will be Navi, but that is still in the stars...

But RX 5xx it is not entirely an up-clocked version of RX 4xx. It actually is an evolution of the Polaris series. The power consumption in idle, multi monitor and for most video watching should be much better. Also raw performance is improved.
    The German site "golem" stated that one can't just speak of a rebranding of old chip. It actually is evolved Si.

https://www.golem.de/news/radeon-rx-...04-127204.html
    https://www.golem.de/news/grafikkart...04-127335.html

According to Wikipedia at least RX 550 seems to be Polaris 12 and the big cards are supposed to be Polaris 20. RedeonFeature didn't have much info on the series yet (last time I checked).
    Acc. to the reviews RX 560 seems to be Polaris 21; RX 570 and 580 Polaris 20 and RX 550 Polaris 12.
    Probably drivers should still support it already if one runs a recent enough kernel / mesa / libdrm stack. Iirc. some PCI IDs were added months ago. The question is if the energy management functions need more driver code or if that of Polaris 11 (RX 460) can be reused.
    Vega is already stamped out. How hard is it for people to take AMD at their word with June and Vega? Navi is already with OEMs under NDA contract. They are always 9-12 months ahead before general consumer use.

Leave a comment:

• creative
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Of course, that's not what he was saying. He was saying they were part of a massive work to create the need for such kind of devices, so companies that had the tech figured out already could eventually start selling them.
    #jewconspiracy
    #9/11wasanin-housejob
    #pyramidspydamidseverywhere

It's actually the other way around.
    No not really, what I really meant was an over dramatized inflammatory response to an inflammatory statement, which was not a good idea lol. Anyway it was meant as a tongue in cheek response. Hopefully the subject will croak soon. Not quite what I intended it to be. So actually I apologize. I just kind of get a bit annoyed at how much I see about intel's tick tock. It's the proverbial beating a dead horse and a can of worms all in one. Like everyones conspiracy theory. So again my apology and take care everyone.
    Last edited by creative; 19 April 2017, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eigenlambda
    replied
    Originally posted by creative View Post
    You know that clear glass technology thats popping up in movies like clear tablet computers and phones?
    Yes. Those look like total garbage. I mean, I'd like the unused screen space on my laptop to be a window instead of displaying the desktop background at a coffee shop. But, there is no unused screen space, except maybe in between the panel widgets, and that space should stay as non-visually-noisy as possible.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post
    ^ LMAO, someone's tin foil hat needs a little adjusting. This may come as a shock to you, but those tablets and communicators in the Star Trek series were stage props, not functional devices.
    Of course, that's not what he was saying. He was saying they were part of a massive work to create the need for such kind of devices, so companies that had the tech figured out already could eventually start selling them.
    #jewconspiracy
    #9/11wasanin-housejob
    #pyramidspydamidseverywhere

It's actually the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• untore
    replied
    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
    But RX 5xx it is not entirely an up-clocked version of RX 4xx. It actually is an evolution of the Polaris series. The power consumption in idle, multi monitor and for most video watching should be much better. Also raw performance is improved.
    the fact that it is improved pp goes by itself, however the 580x also has higher tdp, sure you can say without a better pp you can't get the same w/hz on a 480x but it is still not really worthwhile in any case.
    To put it into perspective, you can say the rx300 series had cards spanning gcn1 gcn2 gcn3 , while these cards are gcn4.1 gcn4.12 gcn4.21 .
    These cards make sense only because of the close release of 14-5-600x ryzen so that ppl wanting a full midrange can get also some fresh cards. While vega will follow ryzen 1700x+ prices like 350-450-550 and dumping the classic 1k+ double-chip card sometime after the release of the HEDT ryzens

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Originally posted by creative View Post
    You didn't get the joke. Pardon me for being mellow dramatic.
    Wow, yeah that flew right over me. I honestly thought you were being serious!

Leave a comment:

• Adarion
    replied

The RX 5xx series is not Vega, yes. Vega is to come later and will probably feature something like HBM2. Even later there will be Navi, but that is still in the stars...

The German site "golem" stated that one can't just speak of a rebranding of old chip. It actually is evolved Si.

https://www.golem.de/news/radeon-rx-...04-127204.html
    https://www.golem.de/news/grafikkart...04-127335.html

According to Wikipedia at least RX 550 seems to be Polaris 12 and the big cards are supposed to be Polaris 20. RedeonFeature didn't have much info on the series yet (last time I checked).
    Acc. to the reviews RX 560 seems to be Polaris 21; RX 570 and 580 Polaris 20 and RX 550 Polaris 12.
    Probably drivers should still support it already if one runs a recent enough kernel / mesa / libdrm stack. Iirc. some PCI IDs were added months ago. The question is if the energy management functions need more driver code or if that of Polaris 11 (RX 460) can be reused.
    Last edited by Adarion; 18 April 2017, 05:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    At least this launch pushed AMD today to release new AMDGPU-PRO driver Version 410326 now, instead of 401251 previously.

To write sum of that 410326 one just in case, as Ubuntu package download was broken for some including me 2-3 days ago

sha256sum e594a2850e637f333ed4d90f98e0ffd70eb9d66b704ec19bc7 a6340487e99c9b
    But can't be posted as quote , since forum add space on copy/paste between bc7_a63 but there is no space in reality of course Lets try code:

Code:
    sha256sum e594a2850e637f333ed4d90f98e0ffd70eb9d66b704ec19bc7a6340487e99c9b
    And that works... quoting doing some shit on this vB obviosly i was expecting to be unapproved
    Last edited by dungeon; 18 April 2017, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X