Radeon RX 500 "Polaris Evolved" Hardware Launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

Ahem, I believe this is referred to as the "intel strategy". Make some minor tweaks, improve performance by a couple percents, boom, a new product is born!
    No it's called the modern business model and how companies work consumers. They milk them for as long as possible so most people "feel" forced to upgrade every two years. All while holding back the really good technology they already have but are not releasing yet. Its called business, welcome to how you are played.

You know that clear glass technology thats popping up in movies like clear tablet computers and phones? They already have them but we won't see them till the 2030's maybe even later. Remember Star Trek Next Generation and those handheld tablets? How long ago was that series released? Oh and lets not forget the original Star Trek communicator the first version of that was not released until 1993 as a clam shell phone.
    Last edited by creative; 18 April 2017, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      We may not like rebrands too much, but truth to be told, those who did not jump on the RX 400 hype train last year can see the new series as a better upgrade path. Slightly faster, bugs ironed out, same price (theoretically), mature drivers.
      That last bit is especially important when we're talking about proprietary hardware on a FOSS operating system. Seems foolish to jump on the latest card on launch day, as it always takes a little while to get the driver up to speed. Better to buy on the refresh cycle instead, as you said, a better upgrade path than the bleeding edge.

Comment

Originally posted by creative View Post

No it's called the modern business model and how companies work consumers. They milk them for as long as possible so most people "feel" forced to upgrade every two years. All while holding back the really good technology they already have but are not releasing yet. Its called business, welcome to how you are played.

You know that clear glass technology thats popping up in movies like clear tablet computers and phones? They already have them but we won't see them till the 2030's maybe even later. Remember Star Trek Next Generation and those handheld tablets? How long ago was that series released? Oh and lets not forget the original Star Trek communicator the first version of that was not released until 1993 as a clam shell phone.
        ^ LMAO, someone's tin foil hat needs a little adjusting. This may come as a shock to you, but those tablets and communicators in the Star Trek series were stage props, not functional devices.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyChow View Post
          RX560 comes out in May.
          Do you have any source?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
            Do you have any source?
            Ryan Smith on Anandtech said early May.

Comment

Ryan Smith on Anandtech said early May.
              I'm sure he did but do you have a link to that statement?

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post

I'm sure he did but do you have a link to that statement?
                "Moving on, unlike the RX 580, RX 570, and RX 550, the RX 560 isn’t launching this week. Rather it’s going to be launching in early May"

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11280/...ries-polaris/2

I apologize in advance if posting links like these are against forum rules. I was pressured into it

Comment

"Moving on, unlike the RX 580, RX 570, and RX 550, the RX 560 isn’t launching this week. Rather it’s going to be launching in early May"

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11280/...ries-polaris/2

I apologize in advance if posting links like these are against forum rules. I was pressured into it
                  RX560 in May, maybe it's Vega (it's a joke, explanation for the easy offended ppl)
                  Thanks i missed that when i read that article but i did see the 20th April for RX550

Comment

It seems a good card however nowadays I begin to consider good a VGA provided of GDDR5X memories able to double the data rate with the same number of memory modules (so halving the consumes).

Comment

Originally posted by torsionbar28 View Post

^ LMAO, someone's tin foil hat needs a little adjusting. This may come as a shock to you, but those tablets and communicators in the Star Trek series were stage props, not functional devices.
                      You didn't get the joke. Pardon me for being mellow dramatic.
                      Last edited by creative; 18 April 2017, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X