Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unigine Superposition Is A Beautiful Way To Stress Your GPU In 2017, 17-Way Graphics Card Comparison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanwhile, AMD's Windows driver fails to even render this correctly using OpenGL. Has anyone tested this with the PRO driver? (not that I *really* care, would be interesting though)

Comment

m3-assets.unigine.com keeps hanging on me. And it's the fast one.

And after all that I get "bash: .: ./Unigine_Superposition-1.0.run: cannot execute binary file"

Is there some law that says they can't post a hash of the files so I can at least verify I got a good download?

Another download failure after about 20 minutes.

Not wasting any more time on this.
      Last edited by linuxjacques; 12 April 2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Would love to see that in a (properly optimized) Vulkan renderer. I get that AMD has an overhead problem on DX11/OpenGL, but future games will shift that to DX12/Vulkan - so benches in that regard might be the way to go.

Comment

They released a new 8K video yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxjacques View Post
            Is there some law that says they can't post a hash of the files so I can at least verify I got a good download?
            But ... but then you could securely download it from some other site!?! Intellectual property oh noes, you know!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ldo17 View Post
              No refraction or colour bleed, that I could see. Even the reflections looked like simple environment mapping, not ray-tracing. Still can’t do that in real time, huh?
              I don't think I've ever seen anyone do ray-tracing for anything except reflections here and there.

Full real-time ray tracing has a lot in common with perpetual motion machines in that loads of people have tinkered with them for years and years, but nobody's ever been successful at making something that actually works as intended.

Originally posted by Shevchen View Post
              Would love to see that in a (properly optimized) Vulkan renderer. I get that AMD has an overhead problem on DX11/OpenGL, but future games will shift that to DX12/Vulkan - so benches in that regard might be the way to go.
              Seeing how I'm able to get a constant 97-100% GPU utilization regardless of settings I doubt that there's much overhead that actually gets in the way of keeping the GPU completely occupied. Specially when the benchmark never seems to go much above 20% CPU utilization on an R7 1700 with SMT off. During the development of the more recent versions of OpenGL they put a lot of effort into CPU overhead reduction under the banner of "AZDO" or "Almost Zero Driver Overhead". Seeing how this actually requires OpenGL 4.5 I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many of these features are used.
              Last edited by L_A_G; 12 April 2017, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Wow, phoronix has 20K regular readers I guess? And not a single one was able to test the benchmark?

At least I did it right away.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  Wow, phoronix has 20K regular readers I guess? And not a single one was able to test the benchmark?
                  Did you read the post just before because I mentioned in that post that I was able to run it. Without any issues whatsoever I might add.

Seriously thou, psychology research has shown that people are much more likely to pass on information about negative experiences than neutral or positive ones. Because of that you should never rely on what people are saying as to how well something used by many people actually works.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    Not everybody has recent and big GPU to show fine results i guess

I runned it first on PRO driver and low power Kabini APU and got 1 to 8 fps depending on settings... basically it works but crappy perf and i didn't expecting anything else

Originally posted by VikingGe View Post
                    Meanwhile, AMD's Windows driver fails to even render this correctly using OpenGL. Has anyone tested this with the PRO driver? (not that I *really* care, would be interesting though)
                    If compared to that official video i think only extreme shader preset have some dot artifacts here and there using AMDGPU-PRO driver, otherwise low/mid/high is fine.... and probably 4K and 8K presets maybe but i didn't tested that.

And that is on 16.60 driver since newest 17.10 does not work here
                    Last edited by dungeon; 12 April 2017, 09:28 AM.

Comment

@birdie: Works here too (after one makes those 2 lib links) i5-4570/660Ti/1080medium/23fps-schedutil/28fps-performance

Comment

Working...
                      X