GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Announced: 3584 CUDA Cores, 11 GB vRAM, 11 Gbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Announced: 3584 CUDA Cores, 11 GB vRAM, 11 Gbps

Phoronix: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Announced: 3584 CUDA Cores, 11 GB vRAM, 11 Gbps

NVIDIA did their much anticipated unveiling last night at GDC of the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card as "the fastest gaming GPU ever."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'll consider it once portable nuclear reactors become commonplace.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
      it consumes less than r9 390x or r9 fury x
      altough its still a lot and it has more power than the necesary for anything (except opencl/cuda things)

Comment

nvidia cards seem to be consistently more energy efficient, compared to similar amd cards.

Comment

The TDP for it (250W) is similar to previous gen high end cards from both Nvidia and AMD, and the performance is obviously better. You make it sound like it's the next Prescott or something.

Comment

Way too god damn expensive. Insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by drohm View Post
              Way too god damn expensive. Insanity.
              Well it is about half the price of the $1400 Titan X, i.e the card it's based on. The main differences between the two seems to be that the 1080 Ti has slightly hobbled memory (1 GB and 32 lanes less in the Ti) and fewer raster units (ROPs), but all round higher clock rates to make up for it.

Don't get me wrong, if they can afford to sell something which is essentially the Titan Z for half the price then there was/is quite a lot of air in the price tag of the Titan Z.

Man I can't wait for Vega to force Nvidia to drop their prices. They already dropped the prices of the regular 1080 and 1070 with this announcement.
              Last edited by L_A_G; 01 March 2017, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                Man I can't wait for Ryzen to force Nvidia to drop their prices. They already dropped the prices of the regular 1080 and 1070 with this announcement.
                Why would a CPU make Nvidia lower their GPU prices?

Comment

Originally posted by LinAGKar View Post

Why would a CPU make Nvidia lower their GPU prices?
                  D'Oh... Meant to write Vega. They're both upcoming products from the same company so I hope you can understand the mix-up. Maybe I'm a bit too exited about the CPU that should be arriving tomorrow or (most probably) on Friday.

Edit: Seems like D'Oh is the theme of the day as I just noticed that the retailer I'm ordering my CPU from won't be getting any of the motherboard I ordered with it until next week! A quick look on their website shows that the only board they're going to be receiving this week, or rather have already received, is an mATX board from Asus (a brand I have some particularly bad experiences with).

I'm sending an email to the retailer right now to see if this is really the case and if there's anything I can do to rectify the situation because pre-ordering a CPU only to find that you have to wait another week just to get the motherboard to stick it in is kind of ridiculous...
                  Last edited by L_A_G; 01 March 2017, 10:22 AM.

Comment

700 bucks for a further crippled GP102? Yeah, no!

Comment

Working...
                    X