Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300+ OpenCL ArrayFire Benchmarks On 13 NVIDIA GPUs

Phoronix: 300+ OpenCL ArrayFire Benchmarks On 13 NVIDIA GPUs

With there now being an ArrayFire test profile for the Phoronix Test Suite / OpenBenchmarking.org, it was a breeze to test 13 different NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards on the 300+ ArrayFire OpenCL GPU compute tests...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Why not mini-graphs for the results? Like, normal graphs, but much smaller and on the same chart. Seeing just numbers makes me skip the whole chart...

(I know there is the OpenBenchmarking page but I'm just suggesting)

Comment

What's the state of OpenCL on nvidia chips? Still stuck at 1.2 that was released back in 2011?

Comment

ddriver yes - OpenCL on Nvidia is a half-effort and forever stuck at 1.2 for who knows what unwholesome business justification. The head of the OpenCL working group is actually Neil Trevett, VP of the mobile division at NVidia - and he's in quite an interesting position given that the larger strategic decisions of NVidia vs his status in the work group. I wouldn't be surprised if AMD sooner or later embarrasses NVidia enough that they have to address shortcomings performance wise and hopefully in that window of opportunity we'll see renewed development. Big ifs, but it would be a nice result.

Comment

Working...
        X