Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juno View Post
    Radeon GPU = FirePRO GPU
    Config; BIOS, boards, memory differ. The pro GPU itself isn't slower. However, sometimes GPUs on PRO cards are clocked lower. That isn't necessarily true since Polaris, though.
    I should have said: "Gaming cards are better at gaming". Not sure if you or anyone else is missing the point, so I will make it clear just in case. A car and a bus uses the same engine does not mean it has the same acceleration or top speed. The parts that work with the GPU is what defines the graphics card and the experience that comes along with that.

Example:
    • Compute optimised vs texture/bandwidth optimised
    • Designed to run at full load 24 hours a day inside a xU chassis vs to take up 3 slots of PCI space in a custom PC case.

Like you have mentioned the Config; BIOS, boards, memory is different too which are very important things. Looking at what most people consider less important like power management and component layout between VendorA rx 480 and VendorB rx 480 (which are very different) causes one card to perform noticeably faster than the other (at least in terms of benchmarking, mining, overclocking and power efficiency), I am not referring to production quality (luck of the draw) I am just talking about design alone.

My point, consumer cards are faster in gaming by design, hence it would be awesome (for me) if they sold a card which is gaming optimised that has virtualisation features even if it was a few times more expensive. Are there any cards like that currently available? Are there non-reference versions of those cards?

Just as a joke:

Comment

Working...
    X