AMD Kaveri vs. Intel Skylake With The Latest Linux/Mesa Open-Source Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    I believe Michael meant "the maximum rated frequencies for each particular CPU".
    I'd like to take that interpretation. I really would. However there's a few things preventing me. First, Michael doesn't equip every machine in his stack with enthusiast-level hardware. There's a variety of reasons for that, ranging from running what he gets as review samples to running what he bought at the time, before higher spec parts were available, and lastly, the lack of a bottomless wallet. So saying "of the rated frequencies for each particular CPU" is extremely vague.

Respectable hardware review sites like TGH and AnandTech always report the frequencies of the parts.

All I'm saying here is that Michael seems to think a vague comment about a general policy is good enough for his viewers.

He has a lower standard. I am pointing it out. You are free to dislike that I am pointing it out, but it is a factual statement until Michael adopts a higher standard.

Comment

I don't care what you point out

I was just thinking that you might be interpreting a typo (missing "maximum" in the post to which you were responding) as a lack of policy when Michael's statements suggested otherwise.

Comment

Working...
      X