Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Perf-Per-Watt Of NVIDIA Fermi To Pascal, AMD R700 To Polaris With Newest Linux Drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shifted our focus a while back from working on the Mesa/clover OpenCL implementation (which never got the community adoption we hoped) to opening up the OpenCL driver you see in AMDGPU-PRO. So the version in AMDGPU-PRO is the right one to be testing.
    Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      We shifted our focus a while back from working on the Mesa/clover OpenCL implementation (which never got the community adoption we hoped) to opening up the OpenCL driver you see in AMDGPU-PRO. So the version in AMDGPU-PRO is the right one to be testing.
      Amazing! It's good to see AMD's trying to provide the best of both worlds (CSS and OSS) for the OSS stack.

Comment

Just noticed this, but I find it interesting that the CPU usage is significantly lower on R600 than RadeonSI.

Comment

Why GTX 1050 consume more power than GTX 1070?

Comment

what is the watts of the base system ?

geforce gtx 750 ti should be around 60 watts ?
            I know my R9 290's pull around 330 watts full load ( 300 watts if not OC modded )

trying to decide what GPU to get with low watts to replace my AMD A10-5800K APU system with an AMD Ryzen 7 with the highest performance at the lowest possible wattage

or just wait till 2019 for the Gray Hawk: 7nm APU based on Zen+ architecture

Comment

Working...
            X