Radeon Instinct Hopes To Compete With NVIDIA For Machine Learning, AI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon Instinct Hopes To Compete With NVIDIA For Machine Learning, AI

Phoronix: Radeon Instinct Hopes To Compete With NVIDIA For Machine Learning, AI

AMD/RTG is trying to better compete with NVIDIA in the AI and machine learning space with the introduction of Radeon Instinct...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

MI8 is clearly Fiji based.

The 3 PF rack is a good showing from AMD.

Comment

soo... Benchmarks of caffe and tensorflow are incoming? be interesting to see how well ROCm goes on the OSS side

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
        soo... Benchmarks of caffe and tensorflow are incoming? be interesting to see how well ROCm goes on the OSS side
        There's frequently Caffe benchmarks (on NVIDIA GPUs, haven't tried using the ROCm stuff lately), will see when I try the next ROCm release if I can get it running well. TensorFlow benchmarking support is coming as soon as NVIDIA is able to open-source some scripts for me.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sykobee View Post
          MI8 is clearly Fiji based.

The 3 PF rack is a good showing from AMD.
          Great strategy. Breaking into a new market with rehashed products. I wonder how bad things really are at AMD.

Comment

Any news on ROCm+OpenCL?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
              Great strategy. Breaking into a new market with rehashed products. I wonder how bad things really are at AMD.
              i wonder what makes you think nvidia makes separate chips for each market

Comment

This is huge! Myself and many of my colleagues have been forced to use Nvidia products because they have a monopoly on Deep Learning/Machine Learning. Most of the good DL libraries are written for CUDA. Really hope to see AMD make in-roads here.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  i wonder what makes you think nvidia makes separate chips for each market
                  The first product based on Pascal was the GP100 based Tesla card.

But your question is irrelevant, AMD can rehash all they want, that's not the point. The point is, this is a really strange approach to entering a new market.

Comment

The first product based on Pascal was the GP100 based Tesla card.
                    they also have gp102 and gp104 teslas
                    But your question is irrelevant, AMD can rehash all they want, that's not the point. The point is, this is a really strange approach to entering a new market.
                    the point is, it is standard approach (nvidia entered with g80) and your question is irrelevant

Comment

Working...
                    X