X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• twoertwein
    replied
    Originally posted by Tuxee View Post

Darktable reports for my HD520 on my laptop CPU: OpenCL found, unknown GPU - and abandons OpenCL support.
    strange, why should darktable care about the type of GPU? As far as I know, darktable tests whether the GPU has enough memory and whether it is fast enough. Based on that it may disable OpenCL support. I have an old Intel HD 4000, which is slower than the CPU

Leave a comment:

• Tuxee
    replied
    Originally posted by twoertwein View Post
    it would be nice to have a comparison of some Intel CPUs vs. their GPUs with beignet
    Darktable reports for my HD520 on my laptop CPU: OpenCL found, unknown GPU - and abandons OpenCL support.

Leave a comment:

• alelinuxbsd
    replied
    Nice.
    Perhaps once Gimp 2.10 is ready could be made another OpenCL test for it.

Leave a comment:

• nomadewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Jahimself View Post
    Would it be unfair to say that AMD is better GPU if you work on a graphic related jobs, and NVIDIA better if you play Video games?
    It is unfair, because 'better' is very relative:
    - For some 'better' means faster, no matter the cost
    - For others, it means bang for buck
    - For others, Open Source drivers...

It all depends on what you're looking for...

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Thanks for including only the CPU results. Makes the graphs much more interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Xelix
    replied
    Originally posted by Jahimself View Post
    Would it be unfair to say that AMD is better GPU if you work on a graphic related jobs, and NVIDIA better if you play Video games?
    I think the main thing one cay say for sure is that OpenCL is pretty much a second-class citizen for Nvidia, they prioritize CUDA much more (in terms of performance, tooling, etc).

Leave a comment:

• twoertwein
    replied
    it would be nice to have a comparison of some Intel CPUs vs. their GPUs with beignet

Leave a comment:

• Jahimself
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Xelix
    replied
    Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

No, they are HEAVELY multithreaded. Lots of CPUs take more than a minute for the "boat" test.
    Ok, maybe Michael could edit the article to mention this? Along with the number of threads used.

Leave a comment:

• darkbasic
    replied
    Time to release the OpenCL code AMD?Just yesterday we were talking about how useless is the FOSS driver in that regard.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X