• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
    It probably should be set relative to font size
    it is set relative to vertical text with card nane size

Comment

Nvidia: I don't like you very much, but good job.
      AMD: Wtf are you doing AMD?!

Comment

What sense does it make to make an Nvidia vs. AMD comparison when you already noticed that AMDGPU-PRO 16.40's Vulkan implementation had a huge regression towards 16.30?

No matter what, I am just interested in OpenGL and Vulkan open source implementation of AMDGPU and leave the pro stack to pros.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
          Breaking our hearts, that's what their doing. Right when the holidays are coming and some of us were planning on picking up an rx 480. Some of us want to support team red, and their awesome-sauce commitment to open source. But damn. That performance hit for the dollars spent is quite steep. Can someone cast a silver lining here? Or should I just shut up and order the 1050 TI?

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
            Apparently people aren't aware you can zoom out...
            Good suggestion, even I forgot about this option.

Comment

Originally posted by BangoMopar View Post
              Breaking our hearts, that's what their doing. Right when the holidays are coming and some of us were planning on picking up an rx 480. Some of us want to support team red, and their awesome-sauce commitment to open source. But damn. That performance hit for the dollars spent is quite steep. Can someone cast a silver lining here? Or should I just shut up and order the 1050 TI?
              The drivers are still young. Most distros don't even support amdgpu-pro yet, and so far RADV is looking more promising compared to AMD's closed-source Vulkan drivers. If you're upset over what is effectively experimental drivers then yes, go for the 1050 Ti now. You seem to lack patience, which for the time being is a requirement if you intend to use AMD on Linux. The results will be good, but you're going to have to wait. AMD's progress is tremendous but they still have some catching up to do. When (not if) they are caught up, the need for patience should fizzle out.

Comment

Originally posted by rabcor View Post
                I would guess, that some of their key people are indeed crazy There is no other logical explination of throwing shits on their own users, only crazy people do that

Comment

That's quite a big regression there for AMDGPU-PRO. At launch the RX480 was running at 70FPS on Dota 2 on 4K with Vulkan on the 16.30 driver.
                  I wonder what makes this driver so slow...

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    You seem to lack patience, which for the time being is a requirement if you intend to use AMD on Linux. The results will be good, but you're going to have to wait. AMD's progress is tremendous but they still have some catching up to do. When (not if) they are caught up, the need for patience should fizzle out.
                    At present I have a R7 260x that is useless on Kubuntu / Neon / and Ubuntu-based distro that I can't game with at all. The older proprietary driver has been gone since April, and GNC 1.0 support with the AMDGPU drivers is still not exposed by default anyway. So I have a whole library of Steam games that I can not play at present. My options appear to be:

1) Do nothing and hope my Bonaire GPU is one day supported with GL 4.5 support. Right now on a Unity-based native Linux game I average around 12 FPS on med settings.
                    2) Move back to Kubuntu 14.04 and the old FGLRX driver
                    3) Buy a newer card

If I do # 3, and go AMD, it would be better than it is now, sure. But to be ideal your asking me to wait more than a year overall just to play games I already own. So if that means I'm impatient, well so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Damodread View Post
                      That's quite a big regression there for AMDGPU-PRO. At launch the RX480 was running at 70FPS on Dota 2 on 4K with Vulkan on the 16.30 driver.
                      I wonder what makes this driver so slow...
                      Bugs usually somewhere, what else can be

It might be also on game side so possibly some D2 update break things too... like TF2 was fine with opensource drivers year ago, but suddenly game update breaks it

Comment

Working...
                      X