NVIDIA Announces The GeForce GTX 1050 Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyhow those are entry and non 4K level anyway of course

If i am in that i would buy RX 460 and pair that with something like cheap 1080p FreeSync monitor, for example this:

As freesync coming to linux too soon and that would be that

Comment

I REALLY hate 1080p is the main standard. I can't wait to see 4K become widely used and 1080p considered like a joke that really is! I would prefer to junp from 1080p to 8K screens and really good 3D & video performance, but well...

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        As freesync coming to linux too soon and that would be that
        Linux doesn't have support for FreeSync yet?

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
          Linux doesn't have support for FreeSync yet?
          No, it does not... Looking at profiles from recent windows drivers i see that AMD working to enable that on Linux, so i expect amdgpu-pro will introduce it soon

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

No, it does not... Looking at profiles from recent windows drivers i see that AMD working to enable that on Linux, so i expect amdgpu-pro will introduce it soon
            Let's hope free drivers will support it without needing proprietary code.

Comment

Originally posted by omer666 View Post
              Let's hope free drivers will support it without needing proprietary code.
              Lets no hope, just say DAL

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
                I wonder how the 1050/1050ti compare to the Radeon 460 on linux. Which one do you guys see as the better buy?
                When making a choice between NVIDIA and AMD, keep in might that the proprietary NVIDIA driver has a very low resolution in virtual terminal emulators. This drives me crazy. And you will have to recompile driver kernel modules every now and then, especially if you want the latest drivers.

I am going for AMD later this year. Requires much less maintenance and works smoother. By running a distro like Fedora, you get up-to-date drivers with virtually zero maintenance.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
                  I REALLY hate 1080p is the main standard. I can't wait to see 4K become widely used and 1080p considered like a joke that really is! I would prefer to junp from 1080p to 8K screens and really good 3D & video performance, but well...
                  You'd hate it even more if 4k was the standard, seeing how few (if any) video cards can properly push 4k.

Comment

Honestly, after AMD started to make good OSS drivers and I made the switch to them, I have been a happy man. Actually I feel more like: "Is there still people using proprietary drivers? Why?"

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

You'd hate it even more if 4k was the standard, seeing how few (if any) video cards can properly push 4k.
                      I use Fury with OSS drivers on 4k and I have no problems with it...but I do not do so many demanding games either...mostly Dota2, Cities Skylines, Dow2 and Stellaris

Comment

Working...
                      X