Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    ... and maybe something to fill that gap between 3GB and 4GB
    That is still real 4, just part of it is slowmo

Comment

Using the same model name is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium

you need to pay for phoronix premium to have the ability to use the edit button.

this is because spam bots use the edit button to push spam messages over the spam defector.
        Not exactly. At least temporarily it's just for premium only until I can come up with a better plugin/solution to prevent the mass amount of spam on the forums that comes just from bots posting plain text and then going back and editing in links/spam.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

If you're using askismet, you can also submit the post on edit.

Comment

what about a universal micro payment solution for example the smallest bitcoin(or any other crypto currency ) unit send into a address for every post.
            Then nobody will post.

Comment

you think will stop posting only because of 0,01$ or even less...
              even a hardcore user would not pay more than 0,5dollar.

but the spammer has high complex problem to solve ans massive spam would end in massive costs.

right now phoronix already does much to turn you into a premium member and gives you forum post features.

so in fact micro-payment is the universal solution against spam.

Google ad-service works in the same way and make a lot of money on it.
              I would certainly never go to the trouble of setting up a crypto-currency account just so i could post messages on Phoronix. That's ridiculous. Might as well just make people mail in posts through snail mail and have it all scanned. That would solve the spam. Or... well, maybe not judging by the junk mail i get.

Anyway, Michael just needs to turn off the spam filter for anyone who's been posting for > 1 year or buys a premium membership. Problem solved.
              Last edited by smitty3268; 18 August 2016, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Not exactly. At least temporarily it's just for premium only until I can come up with a better plugin/solution to prevent the mass amount of spam on the forums that comes just from bots posting plain text and then going back and editing in links/spam.
                The solution to that is requiring captcha until a certain number of posts is reached. No idea how easily you can configure that, though.
                And yes, I know captcha can be defeated, but it would still cut down on the number of spam messages.

Comment

How does the GTX 1060 perform on the nouveau driver? All the benchmarks I can find only show the proprietary drivers. It would be interesting to see the AMD vs NVIDIA benchmarks for just the open source drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by damg View Post
                    How does the GTX 1060 perform on the nouveau driver? All the benchmarks I can find only show the proprietary drivers. It would be interesting to see the AMD vs NVIDIA benchmarks for just the open source drivers.
                    You need to read more Phoronix then... It's been mentioned in many articles about the current GTX 1060/1070/1080 state on Nouveau: no acceleration yet.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

You need to read more Phoronix then... It's been mentioned in many articles about the current GTX 1060/1070/1080 state on Nouveau: no acceleration yet.
                      Oh OK, thanks. Yea I don't follow all the tests and only did a quick search for previous benchmark looking at the drivers used. This does make my decision a lot easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X