No announcement yet.

Early Open-Source Linux Benchmarks Of The AMD Radeon RX 470

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems like if you want fast performance now (opengl), go with nVidia. If you're looking down the road (vulkan) AMD is faster. But if AMD can gain more performance out of wrapped games (indirectx, eon, wine), which are the majority of ported AAA games, AMD cards would be the all around best choice for Linux gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Well, that is jumping around on subject So lets jump, in Dota 2 Vulkan RX 480 is even faster then GTX 980
      You idiot Debian stable spammer, calculate fps/usd ratio of gtx950 and r470. You see which one is the clear winner (or probably not because your fucking blind)

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

You idiot Debian stable spammer, calculate fps/usd ratio of gtx950 and r470. You see which one is the clear winner (or probably not because your fucking blind)
        ...in the Metro game.

Comment

I don't care about Metro benchmark perf, that has even hard time to even run as a benchmark

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=95329

Comment

Has the Flightgear flightsim communitey offered any help with benchmarking, and what bout Pioneer Space sim?

Think o tha powah!

Comment

Deferred fences finally landed in git:
              https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...13f9dd3913d047

Comment

Originally posted by Xelix View Post
                Michael, I've mentioned that on a previous thread, but could you please start writing conclusions to your article?
                Why can't you draw your own conclusions based on the benchmark data? Michael is busy as it is...

Comment

Originally posted by mike4 View Post
                  Why no Vulkan tests? For Doom I've heard AMD to be much faster.
                  How about actually reading the article in the future, or at least do a ctrl+f search on the page for what you're about to ask, before asking it?

Comment

I'm sad to see that the 290 doesn't get any love anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by joh22n View Post

Why can't you draw your own conclusions based on the benchmark data? Michael is busy as it is...
                      Because I have little interest in going through 5 pages of bar plots. Typically, I'd like to read the first page to know the test setup, and a conclusion to get a high level summary. Then if something catches my attention/curiosity I can go through the data as needed.

And I get and respect that he is busy, but I won't buy that writing a 2-3 sentences summary will increase the workload. There are some articles where he does it, such as this one: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...-anv-wsl&num=5 .

Comment

Working...
                      X