No announcement yet.

Radeon RX 460 Released, Linux Review Later This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same GFLOPS as R9 380 with half wattage (90/95W). I think it's a reasonable thought.

Comment

The performance gap between RX 460 and RX 470 seems a bit too large, but imbalance in the low-end segment is not that unusual.

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
        The performance gap between RX 460 and RX 470 seems a bit too large, but imbalance in the low-end segment is not that unusual.
        When the OEM stop putting out overpriced total bs OC cards with it and we will finally get a plain and simple and short damn RX 460 like the reference, it will cost half of RX470 and it will make sense.

Hell, I've even seen RX 460 with a 2-fan-sized PCB for fucking nothing (large parts on the side empty, just there to waste space).

I'd also like to point out that it's something VERY unusual given latest trends: these lower-end cards are of the same GPU generation of the higher ends, so they get the same level of features and driver support and whatever.

I've lost count of the years we got old rebrands in the low end, it's annoying. Please cut off the CUs with a chainsaw, but give us new designs not rebadged crap from 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          When the OEM stop putting out overpriced total bs OC cards with it and we will finally get a plain and simple and short damn RX 460 like the reference, it will cost half of RX470 and it will make sense.
          I was not talking about performance per dollar, but rather the gab being so big they should put a model between them.

BTW: Cherry-picked cards are not BS, then you are just clueless.

Comment

Well, that is true... they seems use exact same PCBs on all RX 480/470/460

While, people expected short or even low profile cards Maybe i will just buy Pro WX 4100 in the end

Comment

Originally posted by efikkan View Post
              I was not talking about performance per dollar, but rather the gab being so big they should put a model between them.
              Dunno, imho it makes sense to be like this. It's just that OEM still don't get the message as usual. Reference is a SHORT card with a single fan, what is that supposed to mean? That they should make 2-fan cards and OC it and add an unjustified overpricing.

BTW: Cherry-picked cards are not BS, then you are just clueless.
              If a OC RX 460 costs like 140 euros when a normal RX 470 costs 200, and the latter blows away the former as you also noticed, while also the rx 460 not looking much different (not smaller nor more silent), I don't see why I should buy it at all. Hence I call it bs card.

RX 460 card makes sense at the price it was placed at, less than 100$, or around half the RX470, if it is shorter and more silent.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Well, that is true... they seems use exact same PCBs on all RX 480/470/460

While, people expected short or even low profile cards Maybe i will just buy Pro WX 4100 in the end

DO WANT. DO WANT MUCH.

Too bad that these things are going to cost like a full PC, and are also probably noisy as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  DO WANT. DO WANT MUCH.

Too bad that these things are going to cost like a full PC, and are also probably noisy as hell.
                  Well what to say, as you see all single slot in 3 variants

Comment

Previous generation cards also had a 4 DP low-profile models like the Club3D and PowerColor R7 250 Eyefinity4. So maybe they will make a comeback

Comment

That is what is reasonable , meanwhile on consumer market "more fans the better, mine is bigger as i can OC more then you"

Comment

Working...
                      X