Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radeon RX 460 Released, Linux Review Later This Week

Phoronix: Radeon RX 460 Released, Linux Review Later This Week

Just days after the Radeon RX 470 began shipping, the Radeon RX 460 is shipping this morning and the embargo concerning the RX 460 has expired...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

99$ is a good target price, definitly good for the budget gamers. Let's see the perf / $ !

Comment

Well, from $99 to $125 there's quite the price hike. Hopefully entirely due to the day 1 purchase.

Comment

Ikes a PowerColor!
        Here some pics of it http://forums.videocardz.com/topic/1...agon-pictured/

That said, the hunt for my new RX 460 begins.

Comment

Hm, btw if someone spots a short card (like the reference one in the images that isn't longer than the pcie slot) plz let me know.

Comment

That $99 price turned out to be a marketing trick since the real-life cards cost substantially more. On top of that, it looks like all the promises about how the Rx 460 wouldn't need an external power connector were wrong too since every review unit that's out right now requires the 6-pin connector.

I'm increasingly happy with my $250 GTX-1060 purchase since I'm getting more performance than an Rx 480 at the same real-world price with power consumption that's actually better than the Rx 460 at idle and vastly better performance/watt than the Rx 460 under load.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
              That $99 price turned out to be a marketing trick since the real-life cards cost substantially more. On top of that, it looks like all the promises about how the Rx 460 wouldn't need an external power connector were wrong too since every review unit that's out right now requires the 6-pin connector.

I'm increasingly happy with my $250 GTX-1060 purchase since I'm getting more performance than an Rx 480 at the same real-world price with power consumption that's actually better than the Rx 460 at idle and vastly better performance/watt than the Rx 460 under load.
              Honestly the rx480 was a selling point for me because of the great support of open source gallium drivers (I use gallium nine a lot and I use Fedora, which only official supports FOSS drivers). Having proper wayland/KMS support and a GPL compliant kernel module is also a big seller for me too.

But to each their own.

Comment

Where are the passively cooled cards?

Comment

Polaris 11 is supposed to be able to cover wide span of TDP and corresponding performance. For first models, manufacturers have obviously chosen to go for higher end of that niche- that is more OC etc, for which they feel they would be able to get higher price. I expect for cheaper models to follow. Something with 3 DP outputs and TDP of 50W+ would be ideal for me...

Comment

Probably because they target "gaming" and showing up with a wimpy short monofan card is going to not impress anyone?

Also lololololol for 6pin connector on a card with TDP of 75 watts, that's totally required bro, even if they place it it does not mean it is necessary.

Comment

Working...
                    X