A Detailed Look At The Failed GPLGPU Open-Source GPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Sorry, but I'll have to call you moron if you do so.
    which, because you said that, sse, it makes people disinclined to listen to you *even* if you were right. or, another way to put it, is: according to the definition of "an ethical act", the approach that you're taking is, unfortunately, unethical. an ethical act is one which increases the amount of truth, love, awareness or creativity of one or more people (including yourself) WITHOUT decreasing the same qualities for ANYONE anywhere in the world.

the harshness of your words - and they can definitely be said to be harsh - are... unethical, by definition. there's no other way to put it.

a third way to put it would be to look up the "scale of consciousness". put another way: if you're using anger, shame or guilt (or trying to invoke the same in others) to communicate, it's far *FAR* less effective than reason or love.

Slightly better manners or abidance to rules of conduct don't make one's arguments right.
    the point he's making is, that "being right" is not everything. being listened to *and* being right is, i feel more important. another way to put it is: by definition, you can't achieve ethical ends by unethical means.

make sense man?

Comment

Originally posted by FreedomHash View Post
      I had to join to comment on this ridiculous conversation. Couldn't help myself.

I don't know much about the IC hardware design process. But probably not less than either of you. This seems one of those "debate by real-time learning" things, where you are both frantically googling.

That said, duby229 clearly and unambiguously wins this "debate", hands down.

Mainly, because starshipeleven has gone out of his way to:
      1. Be rude, insulting, bullying, and generally unprofessional if not outright unhinged.
      2. Misrepresent duby229's argument.
      3. Make circular arguments without really adding anything.
      4. Generally act like a know-it-all when it's obvious he doesn't know it all.
      5. Make the internet a slightly worse place.

Whatever legitimate arguments starshipeleven might have had, are washed away by that. I don't know who is actually, factually right, and I'm not basing any personal decisions on this proclamation of the obvious winner, but there is an obvious winner. And if I had to wager, I'd wager that duby229 is actually, factually right.

I'd really like to hear what qualifications both of you have for making your claims. If your answer seems suspiciously relevant and expert, I'll ask the same question for one or more other unrelated posts where you also seem to be trying to exude knowledge and expertise. (Or maybe not. I am lazy and have no dog in this fight. OTOH no one likes a know-it-all, least of all me!) And if you really do have the expertise you might claim, you won't bat an eye at that.
      You're absolutely right. The fact is 90% or more of my income comes from repairing windows computers. So I'm no expert, more like a fanboy in many respects. I've been a PC enthusiast since about the 486DX era.The first aftermarket machine I built was a 66mhz 486DX2 system. Since then I became fascinated with microprocessors and I've learned a lot about them. I've come to rely on google to find factual information because I don't know it all. The thing is, I'm intelligent enough to read information and interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by lkcl View Post
        which, because you said that, sse, it makes people disinclined to listen to you *even* if you were right.
        As I said above, my main goal here was stfuing people that have already shown they won't listen to more humane explanations.

the harshness of your words - and they can definitely be said to be harsh - are... unethical, by definition. there's no other way to put it.
        Yes I know already. Point is, if someone acts like an idiot deserves to be called out as such. Sweet talking is not likely to work.

a third way to put it would be to look up the "scale of consciousness". put another way: if you're using anger, shame or guilt (or trying to invoke the same in others) to communicate, it's far *FAR* less effective than reason or love.
        Depends from the target.

the point he's making is, that "being right" is not everything. being listened to *and* being right is, i feel more important.
        Once "being listened to" is known to be impossible, the objective changes to stfu-ing the guy spreading fud, so that others reading this will not be fooled by his bs.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          You're absolutely right.
          Never agree with your own sockpuppet accounts, it tends to give them away.

Comment

Never agree with your own sockpuppet accounts, it tends to give them away.
            And even your intuition fails you. You're so negative you can't see the forest through the tree's....You look past everything that matters and make assumptions that are totally wrong.

Comment

And even your intuition fails you. You're so negative you can't see the forest through the tree's....You look past everything that matters and make assumptions that are totally wrong.
              Hehe, I wasn't expecting you to confess this, not even having the other sockpuppet say something will change this.

Comment

Hehe, I wasn't expecting you to confess this, not even having the other sockpuppet say something will change this.
                I don't understand what you think I'm confessing. In fact I just accused you of being ignorant, you're own intuition is wrong. You believe what you make up and it leads you to conclusions that make no sense.

Comment

I don't understand what you think I'm confessing.
                  Sorry, I was indeed unclear in my post above. I meant that I don't think you will ever confess, and that saying I'm wrong (also with the other account) won't change what I strongly believe is right in this case.

Comment

Sorry, I was indeed unclear in my post above. I meant that I don't think you will ever confess, and that saying I'm wrong (also with the other account) won't change what I strongly believe is right in this case.
                    In that case my advise to you is don't trust your gut feelings. Find proof and trust that instead. It's your only hope.

Comment

In that case my advise to you is don't trust your gut feelings. Find proof and trust that instead. It's your only hope.
                      Who needs proof to claim random bs lol, you usually don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X