NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 vs. 760 vs. 960 vs. 1060 Linux Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post

Back order and sold out. It's $300 until Nvidia stops with the Founders Edition crap. And backorder/soldout doesn't count.
    Neah, yesterday there were some available models (MSI, iirc). That was just a (too) early screenshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

AMD didn't send me a 4GB model and I don't have any extra funds to buy one.... I did 8GB RX 480 perf-per-watt tests last week with everything but the 1060.
      There are reports of upgrading the 4GB cards to 8GB with a bios flash. Perhaps it's possible to do that in reverse to turn a 8GB card into a 4GB card for testing purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Verton View Post

I really look forward to see power consumption test results of RX 470 vs 1060!
        Why? They're not comparable cards.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          4K again… nobody uses 4K. And these cards are not made for 4K gaming.
          Well...at least I do (But running on R9 Nano via displayport, working great)

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            Why? They're not comparable cards.
            Neither are RX 480 and GTX 1060 if you want for real It is 10 years of nVidia's weird 192 bit bus width - ATi or AMD never made such a card

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Neither are RX 480 and GTX 1060 if you want for real It is 10 years of nVidia's weird 192 bit bus width - ATi or AMD never made such a card
              They're in the same price and performance range, of course they're comparable.
              I was (very) skeptical about the 192bit bus, yet my 660Ti has been doing its job for almost 4 years now.

Comment

They are not, bus and amount of vram is not the same... when they have same bus and vram, same node, etc... maybe we can talk about comparison
                Last edited by dungeon; 21 July 2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

They are not, bus and amount of vram is not the same... when they have same bus and vram, same node, etc... maybe we can talk about comparison
                  Oh, that argument again. I'd buy the 1060 if Nvidia gave me that level of performance implemented over a serial (1bit) bus.
                  Who the hell cares about technical implementation details? It's the overall performance you're buying at the end of the day.

Comment

Those cards does not have neither performance nor features, really it is about software and if you want implementation details.

So lets guess again, you buy 1060 because of driver isn't it? You see, you don't even talk about card, but about something else

I'd buy the 1060 if Nvidia gave me that level of performance implemented over a serial (1bit) bus.
                    So, why you want to compare anything here, when you already decided for 1bit bus card of green?
                    Last edited by dungeon; 21 July 2016, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Those cards does not have neither performance nor features, really it is about software and if you want implementation details.

So lets guess again, you buy 1060 because of driver isn't it? You see, you don't even talk about card, but about something else
                      What?

So, why you want to compare anything here, when you already decided for 1bit bus card of green?
                      I've decided that after I've seen the performance numbers the 480 and 1060 put out. If the performance is in the same ballpark, implementation details are pretty much irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X