Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Offers Great Performance On Linux

Phoronix: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Offers Great Performance On Linux

Today's the day that we can finally publish NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 benchmarks! Today the GTX 1060 begins shipping as NVIDIA's $249 Pascal graphics card to take the Radeon RX 480 head-on. Here's all of the Linux benchmarks you've been waiting to see for the GTX 1060 under Vulkan, OpenGL, OpenCL, and CUDA. compared to various other AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce GPUs on Ubuntu Linux.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Aaaaand where is DOTA2 on Vulkan?

Comment

Are the AMD cards on open-source RadeonSI or on the proprietary Radeon-PRO stack? That's not mentioned in the article as far as I can tell

Comment

RX 480 for FOSS. GTX 1060 for proprietary. Takes a lot of decision making of your back.

Personally I want to move to Wayland for my desktop, so RX 480 it is.

Comment

This testing was done via Mesa. How much more competitive would it have been if using the AMDGPU-PRO driver?

Comment

Wow that is so close to 980... for 249$ this is the best deal since a long time ago. Impressive.
            (closed drivers are ok for me, so no flame plz)

Comment

All I see is how amazing are the numbers with mesa on the RX480.

That will be my next GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by faldzip View Post
                Aaaaand where is DOTA2 on Vulkan?
                Hmmm should have been included, will see what happened otherwise do another post with just Vulkan results.
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Well, if you play DX11/OGL games and you don't care about blobs then the 1060 is the RX480 Killer but if you want to be future proof DX12/Vulkan then the RX480 has way more hardware muscle to stretch.

Its amazing how much CPU power affects AMD hardware

Comment

And he did it again. Comparing the proprietary Nvidia driver vs. the open AMD- driver, leaving out AMD in the OpenCL- figures. This site is just a piece of Nvidia propaganda. It makes no sense to stay here any longer.

Comment

Working...
                    X