DFI Lanparty UT590 compat. question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFI Lanparty UT590 compat. question

So, should I stick with an nVidia card with this mobo since it is supposedly optimized for it? Or is an ATI card okay too? We are building out first system so any expert advice would be great.

thanx

You should be fine with an ATI Radeon X1000 series graphics card (or a majority of the ATI cards) in there. I had run into some issues before with the Chipset and an X800.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I can't imagine having any problems with an ATI card as Michael posted, so if that's what you have then go with it. Of course and Nvidia card wouldn't cause any problems either, and you would possibly get the option to use SLI in the future under Linux... who knows .

Comment

The card we have is a sapphire x1650pro. I just was worried, as a neophyte because the mobo box suggests nVidia as being tweaked to perform better. Hey, the less stuff I have to send back to Newegg, the better....

Comment

By the way Michael, how the heck did you get the zalman 9500 to fit on your mobo....doesn't it cover the memory slots?

Comment

Sorry Michael, that should have been to Joshua....oops

Comment

As said in the other thread, the Zalman doesn't cover the closest slot too much for you to still use it.

Comment

Do any of you know what a comparable card to the ATI X1650pro in the nVidia line up would be, in case we decide to go that way. We can spend a little more, but certainly can't afford a rig like Joshua has.

Comment

Working...
                X