Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Variety Of OpenGL/OpenCL NVIDIA 367.27 vs. AMD Linux 4.7 + Mesa Git Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ericg View Post

I pulled down the AMDGPU-PRO debs (The driver is like 20 different debs). They don't look TOO terrible-- no crazing scripting going on, just some ldconfigs and update-alternatives. I'll take a look at negativio's NVIDIA driver to see what the best way might be to hack-together an RPM for AMD.
    Thanks Ericg. I would like testing AMDGPU-PRO as well on the venerable AMD A10 7400P powered laptop as I am also running Fedora 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Says who?
      Bridgman has repeatedly stated that AMDGPU Pro will support multiple distros and that the early betas were only restricted to Ubuntu because they were testing how to get everything working.

And while he hasn't come out and said that the final release will happen with the 480 launch, I think it's heavily expected.

Now, all of that was couched in somewhat vague "plans for the future" as you know we'll never actually get any kind of straightforward promise. So if you have different information, that would be good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Bridgman has repeatedly stated that AMDGPU Pro will support multiple distros and that the early betas were only restricted to Ubuntu because they were testing how to get everything working.

Yes, although I'm not sure about current plans for Fedora.

And while he hasn't come out and said that the final release will happen with the 480 launch, I think it's heavily expected.

Nope. They're both "somewhere in the middle of the year" but not the same release.

It's surprisingly hard to find matching "Yes" and "No" gifs...
        Last edited by bridgman; 29 June 2016, 12:09 AM.
        Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
          Nope... I don't think those drivers will ever be published for general use. Next version released is likely to be the launch driver for Polaris.
          Still steamos use those, so status of those are special steamos drivers? They announce it like RC2 driver:

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/st...5738206625773/

Knowing people nature, people will sooner or later ask "OK, but how much those differ, maybe better performance is there, less bugs, etc... can we have comparison againt regular, etc..."

Who said that beta drivers are resticted to Ubuntu only, i see different amdgpu-pro drivers restricted to SteamOS
          Last edited by dungeon; 29 June 2016, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks orome, that's good to know.

Comment

Working...
            X