Place Your Bets Now About The Power Efficiency Of The Radeon RX 480 On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Talking about weight i guess, overweight people is actualy common in US...
    Maybe part of the reason for that is that not enough people ask "wy u gained weigt dis monts bro? u need help wiv someting?" there because it is "exceptionally rude".

Where I live (not US) it's more common to talk about health and weight and stuff with others. Not saying it's not annoying, but there is no "rudeness" attached.

Michael taken by US average looks actually normal in that picture.
    Irrelevant as it was a relative comparison. There is a photo of him skinny, no facial hair and smiling at the end of each article, then he posts an article when he gained some weight, has (nice and cured) facial hair and looks tired, not happy.

Asking if something is wrong does seem normal here.

Opposite is true too, so when someone comes from redish country to greenish, do not ask why everybody buy small cars
    That's not rude, that's a stupid question. Most tourists have enough brain to understand that US cars cannot physically fit in most EU streets.

Comment

I bet it's more power efficient than the 1080. Peak power draw for 1080 is 180W, peak power draw for the 480 is 150w. According to rumors I've heard though it's actual full load power draw tends to be hovering around as low as 100W, if that's true, that's some serious power per watt.

Comment

Michael Do you have only a RX 480 (Polaris 10) to test or do you have also a RX 460 (Polaris 11)?

Comment

Originally posted by gururise View Post
          The article has the Radeon parts using the OSS drivers... so its really hard to make any conclusions just yet, as the Nvidia parts are using their proprietary drivers... Once Michael posts the test results of the Radeon parts using the hybrid driver and/or posts the Nvidia cards running Noveau, we will have an apples to apples comparision.
          Can you guys can stop asking to compare AMDGPU vs Nouveau.

Michael is comparing official driver vs official driver and he is right.

Your choice not to buy NVidia for that is respectable. But you, AMD fanboys, try SO HARD to see AMD win vs NVidia and this is childish at best.

Comment

starshipeleven

What we can do there, some birds have ability to became peevish on about any subject and some only on selected ones

Comment

starshipelevenWhat we can do there, some birds have ability to became peevish on about any subject and some only on selected ones
              we were talking of something being "rude" for all "americans".

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                we were talking of something being "rude" for all "americans".
                Well i actualy does not believe in things like generalisations by xyz nation , especially after fifty-fifty results on Brexit Xyz people can be like this - like that, some are more peevish on xyz subject then others and that is about it

Comment

Well i actualy does not believe in things like generalisations by xyz nation
                  me neither.

Comment

And how is performance of this rx480 ? Is it any better than geforce 1070 ? As i see right now, there is no point in buying anything slower than 1070, and 1080 if you want to go all out, but 1070 seems to be good for 1440p gaming. While nvidia drivers are crap lately, amd's are even worse, so to make rx480 viable, they must make it at least same speed as 1070 with a much lower price for it to be worth.

Comment

Talking about weight i guess, overweight people is actualy common in US... it is among highest in the world, so Michael taken by US average looks actually normal in that picture. So if someone is from very greenish country and talk to someone from very redish, do not say that something is wrong, the best is i guess to learn to ignore it

Opposite is true too, so when someone comes from redish country to greenish, do not ask why everybody buy small cars

WTF Czech Rep. WTF.
                      From now on 1 death/game load = 20 push ups.

Last month I was deciding - wait for R9 480 or go with GTX 970. Impatience and AMD openGL performance made me choose.

Comment

Working...
                      X