Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atomsymbol

RX 480's TDP is 150 watts.
    TDP means very little. All it is is a guarantee from AMD that it will dissipate no more than 150 watts. The typical power in game will most likely be around 100 watts.

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post

BTW. Are you european? Or asain? Because I find that my European and asain department mates make comments like this and don't realize how amazingly rude it is in American culture.
      I didn't know. I'm sorry Michael if I offended you in anyway. I meant to cheer up.
      BTW. What part exactly was rude, or was all of my comment rude?

Comment

RX 460 has 75W TDP, but actually typicaly should use 45W, as it does not need an external power connector and if really use declared TDP of 75W it will turn off itself most the time ... Basicaly typical is at around 60%, i guess people's calculation coming from there. So if RX 480 is 150W TDP then 60% typical should be 90W

I always forgot VRAM... as more VRAM models for sure asks for some watts more, but not sure how much
        Last edited by dungeon; 26 June 2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Place Your Bets Now About The Power Efficiency Of The Radeon RX 480 On Linux

Hm, when i think of how much Turtle Interactive's F1 2015 is slower in benchmarks with AMD aka 1/3 perf of original Windows game, then my bets goes to hell Guessing that Nvidia is more efficient maybe as that runs a game at half speed

I can't conclude nothing in that case, my IQ automaticaly goes to 1/3 turtle level too
          Last edited by dungeon; 26 June 2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danieru View Post

I didn't know. I'm sorry Michael if I offended you in anyway. I meant to cheer up.
            BTW. What part exactly was rude, or was all of my comment rude?
            Talking about weight i guess, overweight people is actualy common in US... it is among highest in the world, so Michael taken by US average looks actually normal in that picture. So if someone is from very greenish country and talk to someone from very redish, do not say that something is wrong, the best is i guess to learn to ignore it

Opposite is true too, so when someone comes from redish country to greenish, do not ask why everybody buy small cars

Last edited by dungeon; 26 June 2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

That graph is also an over-simplificaton, I remember when visiting in USA about 5 years ago, I noticed that some states people were much more likely to be overweight, and also in some cities. e.g. New York people looked pretty normal, whereas in Los Angeles I saw an incredible amount of large families.
              Also, here in Africa, the newly-prosperous class tends to be the ones that are overweight. And the new discovery of fast-food. We definitely ate more fast food when we were more stressed and had less time. Recently we have been making an effort to eat better, and take things slower (e.g. both our new jobs actually pay a little less, but is just around the corner from where we stay, so we have much more time available for cooking or playing with the kids)

Regardless:
              Michael, how can we help you minimize stress? I had a horribly stressful life last year, it was likely the worst year of my life. I'm already a premium subscriber. What else can we do?

Comment

The article has the Radeon parts using the OSS drivers... so its really hard to make any conclusions just yet, as the Nvidia parts are using their proprietary drivers... Once Michael posts the test results of the Radeon parts using the hybrid driver and/or posts the Nvidia cards running Noveau, we will have an apples to apples comparision.

Comment

Originally posted by grigi View Post
                  That graph is also an over-simplificaton
                  Map is actualy not for overweight but by obesity percentage, so only extra overweighted with BMI > 30... Here is a BMI graph, anyone can see where he is We can even ask here... let say, does really every third american reading this belongs to red column? If about 30 out of 100 are red that is about it

Last edited by dungeon; 27 June 2016, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Yeap, maximum allowed by the wiring, 75PCIe + 75 6 pin. just a little more and you start frying something. So it has to consume considerably less to have all peaks under 150...

Comment

Originally posted by dh04000 View Post
                      BTW. Are you european? Or asain? Because I find that my European and asain department mates make comments like this and don't realize how amazingly rude it is in American culture.
                      Why is it rude?

Also "american" is a bit rude to use outside US when you actually mean US only, there are other countries in America.

Comment

Working...
                      X