Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Ready For AMD's Livestream Tomorrow Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Someone remind me how good NVIDIA is on open source drivers...

    ... never mind, don't embarrass yourself.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

      do you think [email protected] is a Tester only? i think MIchael is writing a lot of code in the PTS

      This means he is not only a "tester" and a tester with the ability to bisect problems to the exact git-pull is worth more than 50 000€ a year.

      Or do you think you get competent staff to bisect bugs in the mesa and kernel driver for less than 50 000€ a year ? (I did some git bisecting in the past shared in the forum so in know what i am talking about)
      Well, yes. I agree that Michael is more than an average tester, he's what we call a "test developer" or something like it. I agree that he'd probably be worth around €50 000 a year, but not €200 000 like you wrote.
      In Sweden, "ordinary" developers earn between $35 000 and $100 000 per year, depending on seniority and area of work. To get more than that, you generally have to own a part of the company.

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

        Well, yes. I agree that Michael is more than an average tester, he's what we call a "test developer" or something like it. I agree that he'd probably be worth around €50 000 a year, but not €200 000 like you wrote.
        In Sweden, "ordinary" developers earn between $35 000 and $100 000 per year, depending on seniority and area of work. To get more than that, you generally have to own a part of the company.
        So you believe you are the man who can define the money [email protected] gets for his work?
        I thinks he makes much more than 50000€ on the free market with his website already.

        I think his 1 man company comes close to make 200 000€ a year. and this is nothing special...

        my brother has a nursing company and makes 350 000€ a year without any special skill like [email protected]

        I think you confuse professionals with a normal salary hired by a company with independent Business company owners like michael.

        Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

          So you believe you are the man who can define the money [email protected] gets for his work?
          I thinks he makes much more than 50000€ on the free market with his website already.

          I think his 1 man company comes close to make 200 000€ a year. and this is nothing special...

          my brother has a nursing company and makes 350 000€ a year without any special skill like [email protected]

          I think you confuse professionals with a normal salary hired by a company with independent Business company owners like michael.
          Well yes, because that's what we were talking about. AMD _hiring_ Michael. I am not one to define how much Michael can make, I was comparing his skillset with other people, within this field, within my country.
          I really don't get you, we've been discussing things before and you're always all over the place. I'd liken you to 70% troll since you always want to misunderstand what I'm writing and re-focusing the discussion when clearing it up. Haters gonna hate.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            I really don't get you, we've been discussing things before and you're always all over the place.
            Most people are associative thinkers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associ...8psychology%29
            I think you are a associative thinker to

            I am a Bisoziative thinker https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisoziation
            Or in your words: "you're always all over the place"
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

            Comment

            Working...
            X