No announcement yet.

Get Ready For AMD's Livestream Tomorrow Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone remind me how good NVIDIA is on open source drivers...

... never mind, don't embarrass yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

do you think [email protected] is a Tester only? i think MIchael is writing a lot of code in the PTS

This means he is not only a "tester" and a tester with the ability to bisect problems to the exact git-pull is worth more than 50 000€ a year.

Or do you think you get competent staff to bisect bugs in the mesa and kernel driver for less than 50 000€ a year ? (I did some git bisecting in the past shared in the forum so in know what i am talking about)
      Well, yes. I agree that Michael is more than an average tester, he's what we call a "test developer" or something like it. I agree that he'd probably be worth around €50 000 a year, but not €200 000 like you wrote.
      In Sweden, "ordinary" developers earn between $35 000 and $100 000 per year, depending on seniority and area of work. To get more than that, you generally have to own a part of the company.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post

Well, yes. I agree that Michael is more than an average tester, he's what we call a "test developer" or something like it. I agree that he'd probably be worth around €50 000 a year, but not €200 000 like you wrote.
        In Sweden, "ordinary" developers earn between $35 000 and $100 000 per year, depending on seniority and area of work. To get more than that, you generally have to own a part of the company.
        So you believe you are the man who can define the money [email protected] gets for his work?
        I thinks he makes much more than 50000€ on the free market with his website already.

I think his 1 man company comes close to make 200 000€ a year. and this is nothing special...

my brother has a nursing company and makes 350 000€ a year without any special skill like [email protected]

I think you confuse professionals with a normal salary hired by a company with independent Business company owners like michael.

Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post

So you believe you are the man who can define the money [email protected] gets for his work?
          I thinks he makes much more than 50000€ on the free market with his website already.

I think his 1 man company comes close to make 200 000€ a year. and this is nothing special...

my brother has a nursing company and makes 350 000€ a year without any special skill like [email protected]

I think you confuse professionals with a normal salary hired by a company with independent Business company owners like michael.
          Well yes, because that's what we were talking about. AMD _hiring_ Michael. I am not one to define how much Michael can make, I was comparing his skillset with other people, within this field, within my country.
          I really don't get you, we've been discussing things before and you're always all over the place. I'd liken you to 70% troll since you always want to misunderstand what I'm writing and re-focusing the discussion when clearing it up. Haters gonna hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Azpegath View Post
            I really don't get you, we've been discussing things before and you're always all over the place.
            Most people are associative thinkers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Associ...8psychology%29
            I think you are a associative thinker to

I am a Bisoziative thinker https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisoziation
            Or in your words: "you're always all over the place"
            Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Working...
            X