Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Tests Of The GTX 1080 Tip Up, But No Linux

Phoronix: Windows Tests Of The GTX 1080 Tip Up, But No Linux

Today marks the embargo lift for publications putting out performance figures and initial findings on the GeForce GTX 1080 "Pascal" graphics card. At least under Windows, the results are looking pretty great...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Not getting a review sample sucks! I am glad you value your journalistic objectivity. If Nvidia or Amd cant handle the truth, all they need to do is, "do it better!"

Sorry for ad blocking.
    20 bucks tip sent...

Comment

Originally posted by bluewormx View Post
      Not getting a review sample sucks! I am glad you value your journalistic objectivity. If Nvidia or Amd cant handle the truth, all they need to do is, "do it better!"

Sorry for ad blocking.
      20 bucks tip sent...
      Thanks for the tip!
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I forget, doesn't nvidia usually send their review samples a few weeks later to Phoronix? They've normally been pretty generous about review samples, I don't see why they'd stop now (especially when they can get some even more impressive numbers on Linux compared to Windows).

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          I forget, doesn't nvidia usually send their review samples a few weeks later to Phoronix? They've normally been pretty generous about review samples, I don't see why they'd stop now (especially when they can get some even more impressive numbers on Linux compared to Windows).
          It all depends on the launch. Some times it's been for day-1 while other times it's been delayed. But at least with past launches, they've always communicated where as now the PR person responsible for the samples hasn't returned any of my emails in the past two weeks.
          Michael Larabel

Comment

If they don't want it to be reviewed, then don't give them your money to buy it!

Comment

Please don't cave in to NVidia's arm wrestling, and thanks for exposing their tactics to get favorable articles. This looks like a great card, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Lysius View Post
                If they don't want it to be reviewed, then don't give them your money to buy it!
                I really dont think that is an option, bare in mind Amd and intel would also be boycotted, leaving little to write about.

Have new drivers been made available yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Lysius View Post
                  Because people will want to know how it performs... And eventually how it works with Nouveau.... So in many months ahead with all of the Linux driver articles I write, will hopefully cover the cost....
                  Michael Larabel

Comment

Yes it's a pity they didn't send you one, but TBH, not every tech site or blog does get one. You should maybe consider improving the quality of your tests, respond to criticism and then contact Nvidia again, refer to the userbase you are targeting (how much and what kind of readers you have; tbh, I don't know this site's stats compared to other tech sites, obviously) and then not only ask for but instead really insist on samples. Of course you can only do this if you are in the right position, so first things first...
                    Hope this didn't sound rude or mean. It's just a suggestion.

Btw: don't be too sad, the card itself is rather unspectacular. Jensen did a pretty good job again prating, so everything remains in the expected range.
                    Last edited by juno; 17 May 2016, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X