The AMDGPU Additions For Linux 4.7 Are Enormous

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
    I'm really interested in seeing this new hardware ship and especially the improved power management in the drivers. Which brings up the question, what is taking so long with respect to ZEN? Yeah I know you can't answer that but let's face it, letting the world know about ZEN so early before release can't be good for sales at AMD.
    I believe the Zen situation is one of failing to meet timelines created by random people on the internet. As far as I know the project is still on schedule.

Comment

Still getting that amdgpu screen wobble at resolutions 'above' 1080p. Think its time I give up on this amdgpu idea, clearly its not going to be useful any time soon.
      Last edited by theriddick; 05-23-2016, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to base your decision on the behaviour of a driver build that has actually been tested & fixed for your hardware (and claims to support it) ?

Comment

Given how long it takes AMD to release drivers these days. People don't want to wait that long, considering NVIDIA releases driver updates monthly (sometimes multiple times) under linux and also has ultra fast card releases coming out next month (for AIB vendors).

You gotta remember people using AMD hardware have been waiting years for drivers to get to NVIDIA performance level, to no avail. Can't blame people for being impatient with AMD!

In saying that these AMDGPU-PRO drivers are working good for my 390x, there is some tearing and minor screen wobble in certain situations but its quite bearable. I will likely manually put in monitor resolution timings some time, pretty sure that is whats going wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X