NVIDIA Is Making A Big Announcement Tomorrow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    That AMD drivers are crap on linux isn't news since the dawn of time.
    Oh please, the only thing good about AMD is the price of their hardware and if you're really worried about having to save the $20-$50 you probably shouldn't be buying hardware at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
      What can I do? Buying a video card, knowing you can slap in some readily available drivers and get top-notch performance is... satisfying.
      I understand the feeling. I do this all day on Windows, but I don't usually show off to the guy I'm building the PC for. I feel it is.. childish.

Really what have you (we) done? You shelled out $$$ for a product, and followed fool-proof installation procedures. Anyone can do that.

For Linux it's even more straightforward, you don't even need to think about brands.

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      Oh please, the only thing good about AMD is the price of their hardware and if you're really worried about having to save the $20-$50 you probably shouldn't be buying hardware at all.
      We are talking about GPUs here. AMD GPUs per-se are good (on windows they do trade blows with NVIDIA, especially on some early DX12 titles/benchmarks), it's only the linux drivers that suck.

The rest of AMD hardware is pretty obsolete or nerfed by idiotic OEMs (laptop side mostly, with Carrizo they have gone full retard mode).

Comment

Well that's a very good news that could probably to redefine a gaming experience. I guess, a road to virtualize all enterprise applications is possible with Nvidia.

Comment

Working...
        X