Fresh Mesa 11.3-devel RadeonSI Tests On Ubuntu 16.04 vs. NVIDIA's 364.19 Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alex79 View Post
    When I try to install the benchmark it gives me error: Dependency is not satisfiable: php5-cli

I have php7 installed. Help?

OK, managed to run it. I have R390 and surprisingly, it's closer in performance to 290 than Fury
    How did you manage to get past that issue? I have the same issie and would also like to get the bechtool running...

Comment

You can use it without installing. This video will explain.
      Phoronix Test Suite Linux/Ubuntu Installation/RunPhoronix download website http://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/library files that you might need to installsud...

Comment

If those R9 Fury cards had 8GB of memory I would have got one. Gaming at 4k definitely eats more VRAM, especially when you insert 4k texture mods for games like I do.

Comment

Originally posted by SirCoolCat View Post
          I don't know why, but I seem to be getting MUCH better performance with Ubuntu 16.04's Mesa 11.2 than the 11.3 devel version (on R9 290 atleast). Can anyone test on their setup and confirm? Maybe I am just doing something wrong...
          Either way, it's great to see Open Source drivers delivering good performance compared to the competition. Hopefully AMD will keep supporting the devs.
          Hi, any update on the performance regression? Have you tried to bisect it? Which apps are affected?

Comment

Originally posted by alex79 View Post
            ... I have R390 and surprisingly, it's closer in performance to 290 than Fury
            Why surprisingly?
            390 and 290 have the same chip.

Comment

Working...
            X