Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-Way GPU Benchmarks For Linux Puzzle Gamers

Phoronix: 11-Way GPU Benchmarks For Linux Puzzle Gamers

While first person shooter games tend to dominate the Linux gaming landscape, if you are curious about some numbers for a puzzle video game like Talos Principle, here are some fresh benchmark results for a slew of different GeForce graphics cards on the latest Linux driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I did play the whole game on an AMD HD7850 with radeonsi driver, it was playable but with a few bugs: shadows were jerky and textures were sometimes missing/very slow to load. The game is a masterpiece and it's still worth playing it.

Comment

Thanks, great game btw.

It will be fun to repeat this test once vulkan is released and compare with these numbers.

Comment

So a 750ti runs the game better than a 960? This sounds like a big issue.

Comment

I'm really glad the open-source radeonsi driver is good enough for my requirements...
          Last edited by Linuxhippy; 14 February 2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Is there "Talos.log" from the benchmarks available somewhere? Was the hardware autodetection disabled?

Comment

The game ran great for me using catalyst on my mobility 7770(cape verde). never had any visual glitches, just some stutter right when the game starts or you change major scene for the first time. but that was greatly reduced with catalyst 15.10 to the point where I didnt notice the stutter unless looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post

Agreed. That's seems a bit odd. But....now that I am thinking about it....the 960 is probably only a rebadged 750 with a slight process change, a firmware update and the addition of full hardware video encode and decode. If that's the case....it begs the question, at least in my mind, could we see sometime this year a GTX 960 Ti with an increased clock rate to amp the 960's performance as did the Ti version of the 750 over the stock 750 ?

Comment

Originally posted by edoantonioco View Post
                  I think that smacks of auto hardware detection. Something's off.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
                    I think that smacks of auto hardware detection. Something's off.
                    I had deleted the hardware detection script from my steam install when making this test profile.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X