QEMU 2.5 Released With The VirtIO GPU 3D Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post

A developer (I don't remember if it was Airled or someone else) stated that nobody is currently working on it or expressed any interest in this regard. He also said that even reusing the D3D9 state tracker we are still VERY far from a windows driver. Not talking about DX9 being useless in windows > XP because it uses DX10/11 for compositing.
    my english is really bad, but i think this can't translate to "probably never will"

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

my english is really bad, but i think this can't translate to "probably never will"
      We struggle to have a dx9 state tracker, do you you really think we will have a dx10,dx11 and dx12 one?
      ## VGA ##
      AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
      Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
        I just found this:

https://virgil3d.github.io/
        So presumably nobody is working on it, but they think it might be done.
        I just read that page and it seems to be so outdated as to be useless/misleading?

Comment

We struggle to have a dx9 state tracker, do you you really think we will have a dx10,dx11 and dx12 one?
          well, if someone wants it, no one prevents them from doing so. why do you think i only said dx9 as example? answer is simple, translation layer between dx9 and opengl is already done and under license that anyone wanting to do that could use it

dx10 and dx11 on the other hand seem to be gaining support now in wine same way as dx9. this alone would put them into position where implementation would be the same as dx9 one.

dx12 is another beast completely and creating layer over opengl would never make sense. only case where dx12 layer would make sense is probably Vulkan or directly on hw. but, for that you would need same kind of support in QEMU for Vulkan first

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
            why do you think i only said dx9 as example? answer is simple, translation layer between dx9 and opengl is already done and under license that anyone wanting to do that could use it
            If you are talking about gallium 9 it doesn't translate into OpenGL calls, it simply builds on top of the Gallium framework.
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

If you are talking about gallium 9 it doesn't translate into OpenGL calls, it simply builds on top of the Gallium framework.
              when did i mention galium nine? it would make no sense. virgil is virtual GL, not whole galium

i talked about dx9 to opengl layer that is default in wine (or command stream implementation). that one would most probably work over virgil, since you would get dx>opengl>virgil

if you wanted something like galium nine, you'd need to implement exact same thing for it as virgil is to opengl

Comment

How to build QEmu with 3D (virtio-gpu) enabled?

On Ubuntu 16.04, we have Linux 4.4, Mesa 11.1 and QEmu 2.5 but, how to enable/test it?

Comment

Working...
                X