NVIDIA vs. AMD Linux Performance For GRID Autosport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post
    Quite decent frame rates for nvidia cards, at least it's not like that train wreck port called dirt slowdown. Wonder if my veeery old logitech wheel works with this game, it worked on eurotruck sim 2 but not in dirt.
    are we looking at the same game?

SteamOS (Operating System), Dirt: Showdown (Video Game), Benchmark

this is one of rare games where linux actually outperforms windows version in everything but ultra settings

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post

are we looking at the same game?

SteamOS (Operating System), Dirt: Showdown (Video Game), Benchmark

this is one of rare games where linux actually outperforms windows version in everything but ultra settings
      Hmm maybe I really should update my OS from my desktop pc then(kde mint maya so ubuntu 12.04). I have dual core G3258@4GHz and gtx750ti and I can't get over 30 on average on low settings at 1680x150@120Hz resolution.

Comment

AMD Catalyst is fun. The R9 Fury has under 4K Ultra more average-FPS (about 1) then under FullHD ^^

Comment

Yep, AMD better be sitting on a golden nugget with their miracle Vulkan drivers. Catalyst drivers really should be taken out back and have its skull stomped in!

Comment

Days after days we get confirmation that AMD on linux worth nothing, i planned to upgrade some piece of my PC this christmas, the thing that i'm sure to buy is a NVIDIA graphics card

Comment

Originally posted by tuke81 View Post

Hmm maybe I really should update my OS from my desktop pc then(kde mint maya so ubuntu 12.04). I have dual core G3258@4GHz and gtx750ti and I can't get over 30 on average on low settings at 1680x150@120Hz resolution.
              don't know if these will help you anything. after you switch resolution restart the game. in some cases there is a bug where anything but started one completely underperforms. don't bother trying, just restart the game so it already starts at that resolution. at least for me game was stuck at VSYNC until i enabled and disabled it, until i did that i was somehow locked at 15, 30 or 60fps

there are only 3 settings that really impact performance as far as i saw: MSAA, ambient occlusion and enhanced lighting.

i7 810 (i think worse than yours cpu for this game since it doesn't really use multiple cores much), 750Ti, Fedora 22 (plain Gnome nothing modified) i get 65-70avg fps at 1080p everything on high except disabled lighting and MSAAx2 and this is with enabled fps counter in steam overlay

Comment

Nvidia GPU = No Async Compute = Obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by Scellow View Post
                  Days after days we get confirmation that AMD on linux worth nothing, i planned to upgrade some piece of my PC this christmas, the thing that i'm sure to buy is a NVIDIA graphics card
                  You might want to hold off until the open source numbers come in:

You've likely already heard what Boss had to say about GRID and its Nvidia performance and now it's my time to show you how it ran on my AMD GPU.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post

You might want to hold off until the open source numbers come in:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...r7-370-4g.6354
                    That is very impressive. I'm looking forward to Arctic Islands.

Comment

Interesting how the performance doesn't seem to drop in any significant way (on the contrary I think I'm actually seeing an increase...) on the AMD cards when the resolution is tripled... What is holding these cards back?

Comment

Working...
                      X