Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kano View Post
    Renaming hardware is so much FUN!
    Killing completely the best GTX 960 4GB even with referent R9 380X is where THE FUN is It is same or bit more expensive so pricing is right

Comment

I don't have a problem with renaming. Besides it has different specs. It's not exactly the same. We are in an era now where GPU capability is handled in software and GPU's themselves only need to scale performance. In this kind of situation renaming is perfectly valid.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        Renaming hardware is so much FUN!
        Its a new ASIC

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Killing completely the best GTX 960 4GB even with referent R9 380X is where THE FUN is It is same or bit more expensive so pricing is right
          Currently its 80$-100$ more expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post

Currently its 80$-100$ more expensive.
            100$? I guess you found lowest end and lowest priced 2GB 960 and compare it with highest priced 380X custom models?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
              100$? I guess you found lowest end and lowest priced 2GB 960 and compare it with highest priced 380X custom models?
              no the gtx 960 with 4GB for 200$ and the 380x for 300$

Comment

I'm reading the TechPowerUp review and:

R9 380: Tonga, 1792 cores.
                R9 380X: Tonga, 2048 cores...

Ok both are based on the Tonga chip, but it's like you were saying that the 290X is a rebranding of the 290.

Comment

And where is that for $300? I read many 380X reviews and nowhere saw it will be priced that high.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
                    Yeah, beating that card at Direct3D benchmarks by ~10% while consuming ~30% more power, and not being able to beat a GTX 750 2GB 75W at OpenGL benchmarks is VERY FUN indeed
                    Yeah i don't know about Windows OpenGL yet, nor Linux of course... talking just about Windows reviews i readed now

BTW OpenGL version does not move at all even on Windows till 15.9 (same GL version is on that or with 15.11.1 beta driver), it is on hold until Crimson release i guess.
                    Last edited by dungeon; 19 November 2015, 01:59 PM.

Comment

According to PCPartPicker 960 4GB retails for 196-256$ depending on OC/cooling.
                      According to PCPartPicker 380 4GB retails for 170-220$ depending on OC/cooling.
                      According to AMD 380X 4GB will retails for 230$ for reference and 239+ $ for custom OC/cooling

So as You can see 380X is well within 960 4GB price range.

Do note:
                      • Its 380X. Not 380, not 390, especially not 390X, thus Yours "300$" involve wrong GPU

Comment

Working...
                      X