10-Way NVIDIA GeForce GTX OpenCL & CUDA Performance Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siavashserver

Yeah, it's atleast going to be 2x faster than that APU in my opinion. I strongly do recommend you to go with a 4GB model, you will regret rendering complex scenes with 2GB and less video memory later.

For 75W TDP a GTX 750 Ti 4GB is going to be your best bet at the moment; though NVIDIA has promised that Pascal series are going to draw less power.

If you can workaround the TDP cap issue, GTX960 will be a good option too, almost twice the performance at 120W, and a rock solid DX12 capable card for 1080p gaming
    GTX 960 must be requiring 20A, which is 3 amps higher than 17A for my 300W PSU (dual 12v rail).
    https://forum-en.msi.com/faq/article...graphics-cards (the printer dialog might pop up and I don't know why; I found that page in Google Search)

Can a GTX 950 work? The GTX 950 draws 90W even though the minimum power consumption is 350W.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

I might get me a 350W PSU, but I'd like to keep power usage down as not to raise my family's electric bill.

Originally posted by << ⚛ >> View Post

7850K@4GHz cpu: 2m05s (tile=32x32), 2m03s (16x16)
    GTX 750 cuda: 1m47s (tile=32x32), 54s (64x64), 44s (128x128), 43.89s (256x256)
    44 seconds!!! Nice step up from my APU. I get a bad feeling that my APU is useless for OpenCL tasks. Too bad I'm not getting my money's worth of that chip of mine... As much as I would love to devote my money and support towards AMD... (sigh) I hope 2016 will get better, as I like having integrated GPU built right into an APU.
    Last edited by GraysonPeddie; 12 November 2015, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GraysonPeddie View Post
      44 seconds!!! Nice step up from my APU. I get a bad feeling that my APU is useless for OpenCL tasks. Too bad I'm not getting my money's worth of that chip of mine... As much as I would love to devote my money and support towards AMD... (sigh) I hope 2016 will get better, as I like having integrated GPU built right into an APU.
      Maybe I'm missing something, but for the same tile size weren't the results almost identical -- 2:05 for the 7850K and 1:47 for the GTX 750 ?
      Test signature

Comment

Huh... my post appears to be "unapproved" whatever that means.

EDIT - in case the previous post ever shows up, I just noticed that the 2:05 time was for CPU rendering and when I went further back in the thread I saw your comment about not being able to run Blender on the GPU. Just checking, was this latest version of Blender which has refactored the "big shader" into smaller chunks that the OpenCL compiler supposedly runs OK ?

You need v2.75 or higher.
        Last edited by bridgman; 20 November 2015, 01:27 AM.
        Test signature

Comment

Working...
        X