Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K AMD/NVIDIA High-End GPU Comparison On SteamOS Linux

Phoronix: 4K AMD/NVIDIA High-End GPU Comparison On SteamOS Linux

Continuing on from Friday's article that was a 22-way comparison of AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards on SteamOS for Steam Linux gaming, which tested the hardware at the common TV resolution of 1080p, here are results for the higher-end Radeon and GeForce graphics cards at 4K.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I have to say this is hilarious to watch these tests results as an owner of Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II TOP. Yet I have no need for a better GPU, and I am very happy with the 7970.

Comment

Yeah moment of joy for AMD owners in TF2 - $240 Radeon card beat both 980Ti and Titan X

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        Yeah moment of joy for AMD owners in TF2 - $240 Radeon card beat both 980Ti and Titan X
        Because it's totally CPU bottlenecked....
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          So who cares where is bottleneck (on 4K there are many), when numbers shows that it is beaten

Last edited by dungeon; 26 October 2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Can you change the platform to something more gaming-like? I mean 4790k @ 4.5GHz, 6600k/6700k OCed or even 4690k. I think it might be less bottlenecked with OCed i5 then with this Haswell-E 1000$ CPU...

Comment

Originally posted by faldżip View Post
              Can you change the platform to something more gaming-like? I mean 4790k @ 4.5GHz, 6600k/6700k OCed or even 4690k. I think it might be less bottlenecked with OCed i5 then with this Haswell-E 1000$ CPU...
              If enough support is generated to carry out another round of tests...
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

As an AMD user, I'm just waiting for the Vulkan results. I wish I could use DirectX 12 right now to see what my hardware can do, but the only game I play that has support for it (Ark: Survival Evolved) isn't releasing it because NVidia won't let them. Nvidia has to update GameWorks to cripple AMD's DX12 performance first :P

Comment

Originally posted by Daktyl198 View Post
                  Nvidia has to update GameWorks to cripple AMD's DX12 performance first :P
                  Yeah, that bug they should fix as always

Comment

Are you serious when claiming that Haswell-E 1000$ CPU is the bottleneck? In that fucking single test amd cards are faster, period.
                    ## VGA ##
                    AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                    Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Working...
                    X