Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What amd gpu you suggest me to buy for gaming ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amd gpu you suggest me to buy for gaming ?

My old 560 ti experience some issues with heat output and i want to buy temporary gpu until next generation gpus.
    I want to buy amd because they are open source friendly and they are to blame for vulkan.
    I know some games have issues with amd drivers and for that i want to ask which one to buy and which drivers to use?
    Any suggestions ?

Originally posted by kalin View Post
    My old 560 ti experience some issues with heat output and i want to buy temporary gpu until next generation gpus.
    I want to buy amd because they are open source friendly and they are to blame for vulkan.
    I know some games have issues with amd drivers and for that i want to ask which one to buy and which drivers to use?
    Any suggestions ?
    Fury and use Catalyst.

If price is a problem or you don't want Catalyst for some reason, then that is something else.

Not sure what temporary card means to you but maybe R7 370 is best buy most perf but for lesser money (but oldish gen where you can choose radeon driver or Catalyst) or maybe R9 380 as starter gaming card of newer gen and if you plan to use amdgpu driver (if ypu don't want to wait then driver recommendation for R9 380 currently is also Catalyst only, because of performance).

Can't ignore R9 390 too, if R9 380 perf is not enogh for you... well just remember on thing: marketing names goes in range of perfromance, they are not ranged by GPU generation!!! R9 390 is faster but older gen then R9 380 which is slower but newer gen and so on... that make sense to note only when you think of which opensource driver will be in use - R9 390 will use radeon, while R9 380 use amdgpu driver.
    Last edited by dungeon; 03 October 2015, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I think for something cheaper coz when next generation gpu comes I definitely will buy one

Comment

Just clean/replace the GPU cooler or go for GTX 960.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Just clean/replace the GPU cooler or go for GTX 960.
          Yeah clean GPU cooler or go for R9 380.

If he wants binary drivers then card recommendation is simple - Coca Cola vs Pepsi

Originally posted by kalin View Post
          I think for something cheaper coz when next generation gpu comes I definitely will buy one
          Well R7 360 (GCN 1.1) is around $100, R7 370 (GCN 1.0) around $150 and R9 380 (GCN 1.2) around $200... so
          Last edited by dungeon; 05 October 2015, 07:56 AM.

Comment

R9 285 (Tonga) is currently pretty cheap (~170 EUR / 170 USD after rebate).

Comment

Working...
            X