Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Graphics Cards On Open-Source Linux Drivers With The Best Value + Power Efficiency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by pete910 View Post
    Why no 980's in the test, or Titan X ?
    Read the article... No hardware acceleration for the 900 / new Maxwell series....

Leave a comment:

• pete910
    replied
    Why no 980's in the test, or Titan X ?

Leave a comment:

• Khudsa
    replied
    This article has arrived for me just in time. The last week my radeon 6970 stopped working, with black screen (from boot, I can't see even the bios boot) and loud fans. And now you post this interesting article. The 370 is a very interesting card to replace my defunct one on my old computer, meanwhile I wait to renew it the next year without stopping playing .

Thanks Michael.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Smile4ever View Post
    If you want to navigate any multi page article, you can get FastNav for Firefox (free): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fastnav/
    Or just subscribe to Phoronix Premium where you then get it all on a single page...

Leave a comment:

• Smile4ever
    replied
    If you want to navigate any multi page article, you can get FastNav for Firefox (free): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/fastnav/

Leave a comment:

• kloumpt
    replied
    I like the fact that each game has his own page

Leave a comment:

• tillschaefer
    replied
    Thanks for testing. I like that power efficiency setting.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by mannerov View Post
    Thanks for the test.

For the radeon 285, even if there is no automatic recloking, I guess it should still be possible with command line to set performance mode to high instead of the default low.
    Shouldn't that give the best performance (in benchmarks dpm should give equivalent to high) ? I think this should be used in such comparisons, because even if we know the amdgpu doesn't have dpm support yet, it should get there soon. So for a buyer it makes sense to see the performance in high.
    As far as I know, it can't be manually re-clocked higher on AMDGPU yet.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by brownsr View Post
    I struggle to see how this will be useful, without including the per dollar performance for the GeForce cards. Only including the per dollar performance for one manufacturer's set of cards is very odd indeed.
    The tested GTX 600 series hardware I didn't see listed still for sale brand new from Amazon itself, etc.

Leave a comment:

• brownsr
    replied
    I struggle to see how this will be useful, without including the per dollar performance for the GeForce cards. Only including the per dollar performance for one manufacturer's set of cards is very odd indeed.
    Last edited by brownsr; 15 September 2015, 12:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X