14-Way AMD vs. NVIDIA Linux Gaming Performance For DiRT Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marceel View Post
    I don't get it why AMD has worse drivers under Linux than under Windows. Is it because Nvidia always creates profiles for those AAA games under Linux and AMD just under Win?

This game is EON it isn't native. The benchmarks are like benchmarking wine games. Michael made clickbait, anyone who reads these and takes them seriously ^ fanbois above should be shot. Why doesn't Michael test the hundreds of DX9 games with wine/gallium 9 that oss AMD destroys Nvidia in? These benchmarks are stupid and pointless.

As far as why Nvidia official is better than AMD official on Linux, is due to the single threaded cap, in normal games it isn't a super concern but in EON/wine games (look up GW2 for example) it really gives nvidia a boost. Michael, shame on you.

Comment

So like other eON wrapped games i guess there is variabile for nVidia in a script?

Comment

Does it run on Intel IGP (HD 4600)?

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
          As far as why Nvidia official is better than AMD official on Linux, is due to the single threaded cap, in normal games it isn't a super concern but in EON/wine games (look up GW2 for example) it really gives nvidia a boost. Michael, shame on you.
          Yes, shame on Michael for making real benchmark instead of tweaking them so that AMD wins!!!

Comment

I am hoping that the similarities between DX12 and Vulkan will mean the end of eon style ports, faster ports and less driver tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Passso View Post
              Yes, shame on Michael for making real benchmark instead of tweaking them so that AMD wins!!!
              Michael should always mention if game runs under on not nvidia driver variabile. Why? It is not default for a nvidia driver.

That way also fglrx user should be informed and maybe try some renaming, that helps in many cases.
              Last edited by dungeon; 18 August 2015, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Powersave governor? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post
                  I am hoping that the similarities between DX12 and Vulkan will mean the end of eon style ports, faster ports and less driver tuning
                  I hope the same, specially since the first DX12 game is showing massive improvement when running on AMD hardware in DX12 mode (skip to 6:40 for the benchmarks)

Comment

Originally posted by kwahoo View Post
                    Powersave governor? Really?
                    Good catch

Comment

Originally posted by byECHO View Post
                      Hi Micheal,

Can you test middle-end cards(like GT840, GT940 etc..)?
                      I don't have any 840/940, but a GT 740, but that's the same GPU as the GTX 650 used.
                      Michael Larabel
                      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X