Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• See How Your Linux System Stacks Up To 15 GPUs For 1080p Gaming

Phoronix: See How Your Linux System Stacks Up 15 GPUs For 1080p Gaming

This week I posted the results of a 15-way graphics card comparison on Ubuntu Linux with AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards while running the very latest proprietary drivers. Those tests were focused on 4K resolution testing in order to stress the latest-generation AMD/NVIDIA GPUs. However, if you want to see 1080p numbers, here are some benchmark-friendly results...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It looks like there is a bug in the test suite or in the method getting data from it. Some strange cards appear in the hardware info box:

Supported device 6939 2048MB (918/1375MHz)
    Supported device 67B1 4096MB (947/1250MHz)

The names are OK on the graphs though.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
      It looks like there is a bug in the test suite or in the method getting data from it. Some strange cards appear in the hardware info box:

Supported device 6939 2048MB (918/1375MHz)
      Supported device 67B1 4096MB (947/1250MHz)

The names are OK on the graphs though.
      There's nothing wrong per se, just lack of information on the card provided by Ubuntu 15.04 PCI IDs, etc. For the graphics card, PTS determines it based on the lspci, glxinfo, among many other code-paths.

On the graphs, those are the arbitrarily typed test run identifiers as usual.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ok, what am I doing wrong?

Just run the benchmark like stated to compare, go to upload , gives me the option to open in browser. annnnnnd nothing. Just a straight copy of the existing benchmark.

Heres a pic of the supposed upload

Here's one of the generated benchmark

Last edited by pete910; 26 July 2015, 01:11 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post
          Ok, what am I doing wrong?

Just run the benchmark like stated to compare, go to upload , gives me the option to open in browser. annnnnnd nothing. Just a straight copy of the existing benchmark.

Heres a pic of the supposed upload

http://downloads.unrealnetworks.co.u...080PLINU24.png
          Hmmm so locally you have the results all working and good but when you go to upload them, it gives you the existing URL? What happens if you try:

phoronix-test-suite upload-results 1507265-BE-1080PLINU24
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by pete910 View Post

http://downloads.unrealnetworks.co.u...080PLINU24.png
            Pretty good results, so your 290X is faster by +24% then fastest Titan X in Xonotic? Some profile/renaming used? If yes i guess that might be a reason so you can't upload
            Last edited by dungeon; 26 July 2015, 01:32 PM.

Comment

I'm quite happy to get 64.28 fps for the unigine test with my Pentium G3258 @ 4.40GHz and GTX 960 :-) although I can only run it at 1680 x 1050 due to my shitty screen. Looks like the G3258 is not much bottle-necking the 960. Do you think I will loose much FPS going 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Pretty good results, so your 290X is faster by +24% then fastest Titan X in Xonotic? Some profile/renaming used? If yes i guess that might be a reason so you can't upload
                I get the same disproportionate results for Xonotic with my GTX 780:
                OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by Coloneil View Post
                  I'm quite happy to get 64.28 fps for the unigine test with my Pentium G3258 @ 4.40GHz and GTX 960 :-) although I can only run it at 1680 x 1050 due to my shitty screen. Looks like the G3258 is not much bottle-necking the 960. Do you think I will loose much FPS going 1080p?
                  Replying to myself, I ran the phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1507265-BE-1080PLINU24 command which supposedly ran the tests at 1080p, weird thing is I got even more fps (64.50). I also got disproportionate results for Xontotic. http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...BE-1507265BE34
                  Last edited by Coloneil; 26 July 2015, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Not changed anything, Default install of Mageia5 all stock GPU too . CPU is at 4.5

Comment

Working...
                    X