• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bacatta
    replied
    nvidia 2D regression

GeForce 8 & 9 + 173 drivers = regression with XRander
    It affects FF 3, KDE and openoffice to name a few.
    This is already fixed for the next release.

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showt...ed=1#post37086

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    I just told you it does not matter what card is being used. Nvidia, ATI or intel. Trust me, I can verify this with utmost authority.
    well... fine, i retract all i said about ff smoothness on OSX
    but for linux, fglrx is a hell of a lot faster than nvidia (on 8xxx+), as is the intel driver.

on winblows, naturally nvidia resizes smooth..

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    There is some slowdown (scrolling) in Windows with ATI cards too, though not as apparent as in Linux.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
    very well.. nvidias osx drivers are crap then too..
    I just told you it does not matter what card is being used. Nvidia, ATI or intel. Trust me, I can verify this with utmost authority.

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Dude, I know for a FACT that this 100% replicable in FF for OS X.
    very well.. nvidias osx drivers are crap then too..

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeeman View Post
    im not talking loading..

this issue does not exist with the free drivers, or with fglrx, only nvidia.. hell, 20% of a core2 3.2ghz core can do SOFTWARE RENDERING of firefox faster than the 8xxx 2d acceleration nvidia currently offers, its plain simply BROKEN.

and its not broken like that on winblows, and i doubt very much on osx it is..
    Dude, I know for a FACT that this 100% replicable in FF for OS X.

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    im not talking loading..

this issue does not exist with the free drivers, or with fglrx, only nvidia.. hell, 20% of a core2 3.2ghz core can do SOFTWARE RENDERING of firefox faster than the 8xxx 2d acceleration nvidia currently offers, its plain simply BROKEN.

and its not broken like that on winblows, and i doubt very much on osx it is..

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Melcar View Post
    What's up with Firefox? The thing is slow no matter what you use (nvidia or ATI). Fglrx has almost fixed the issue (as far as I can tell), but what exactly is causing the issue here? Is it just the drivers, or is the browser partly to blame?

The browser is more to blame then anything, same issue occurs in OS X with FF (no matter what card is being used). Open up the same page in Konq and bammmm! instant loading.

Leave a comment:

• Melcar
    replied
    What's up with Firefox? The thing is slow no matter what you use (nvidia or ATI). Fglrx has almost fixed the issue (as far as I can tell), but what exactly is causing the issue here? Is it just the drivers, or is the browser partly to blame?

Leave a comment:

• Redeeman
    replied
    well.. just go to nvnews.net and watch the people complaining..

i myself bought and tried 8800gt, gts 512, gtx. all slower than SOFTWARE rendering..

(im not kidding, with the 8800gtx in on host, using vesa drivers, firefox in debian in kvm could resize fluently with only 20% cpu load on 1 core, whereas firefox on host with nvidia drivers takes ~1sec to redraw..)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X