780G and HD 3650 Hybrid Crossfire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 780G and HD 3650 Hybrid Crossfire

I just bought a brand new HD 3650 Asus card and combined it with a motherboard (Asus again) with 780G chipset.

My question is can I use Hybrid Crossfire with those 2 components?
    Cause I installed those awful Vista windoze in order to see how it works and installed the latest 8.4 Catalyst but I see no Crossfire option at CCC!

Can anyone help me guys? I thought all HD 3xxx cards could do Hybrid Crossfire...

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
    I just bought a brand new HD 3650 Asus card and combined it with a motherboard (Asus again) with 780G chipset.

My question is can I use Hybrid Crossfire with those 2 components?
    Cause I installed those awful Vista windoze in order to see how it works and installed the latest 8.4 Catalyst but I see no Crossfire option at CCC!

Can anyone help me guys? I thought all HD 3xxx cards could do Hybrid Crossfire...
    Nope, only the 3400 series can utilize Hybrid Crossfire.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Nope, only the 3400 series can utilize Hybrid Crossfire.
      Hm... So there comes the question...
      Can a 3450 card with Hybrid Crossfire from motherboard overcome or be the same in performance compared with a 3650 standalone card?

Cause I can sell 3650 to a friend who's motherboard has 690G chip and no crossfire and I can buy with the money a 3450 512 MB and a ddr2 RAM 1GB at 1066Mhz.

Should I do this or not?

Comment

Originally posted by djdoo View Post
        Hm... So there comes the question...
        Can a 3450 card with Hybrid Crossfire from motherboard overcome or be the same in performance compared with a 3650 standalone card?

Cause I can sell 3650 to a friend who's motherboard has 690G chip and no crossfire and I can buy with the money a 3450 512 MB and a ddr2 RAM 1GB at 1066Mhz.

Should I do this or not?
        No, the 3650 will give you better overall performance.

Comment

Working...
        X