18-GPU NVIDIA/AMD Linux Comparison Of BioShock: Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eydee View Post
    The benchmark mode results much higher frame rates than actual gameplay. Try it and you'll see.
    Agreed, I?m not sure what that benchmark displays, but in Ultra I?m getting 21 FPS on the options screen on my i5 + GTX 660! And here it says the GTX 650 is getting 77 FPS?

How can I run the benchmark without using the phoronix test suite?

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
      From what I've read in Mantle/Vulkan, and Directx 12 specs/docs, it's most likely API calls.

Edit: Also, NVidia hits a stone wall at 127 fps
      Yeah, I think it's just that modern games do a lot of draw calls, and they are dead slow in fglrx.

NVidia being about 2.5 times faster at that sounds just about right.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
        How can I run the benchmark without using the phoronix test suite?
        You can add following parameters to BioShock Infinity launch options in Steam:
        DefaultPCBenchmarkMap.xcmap -unattended -resx=1920 -resy=1080 -ForceCompatLevel=2 -benchmarkfile=Test-%GPU%.csv
        where:
        ForceCompatLevel=1 - Your current settings
        ForceCompatLevel=7 - Ultra settings
        ForceCompatLevel=2 - Low settings

Comment

major issues with this game are ongoing

i reported issue on Friday, provided all details devs asked me to provide, still no reply quite yet.
          I am not sure they will do anything about issues I have: http://steamcommunity.com/app/8870/d...1364599930277/

Comment

@blackout23

Did you turn off vsync with nvidia-settings? That's a non permantent change until you run "nvidia-settings -l" on startup (as user). Also best run the benchmark mode, it disables sound.

Comment

Originally posted by nadro View Post
              You can add following parameters to BioShock Infinity launch options in Steam:

where:
              ForceCompatLevel=1 - Your current settings
              ForceCompatLevel=7 - Ultra settings
              ForceCompatLevel=2 - Low settings
              Thanks! I?m getting the same FPS (88) with ForceCompatLevel=2 and ForceCompatLevel=7. Also no obvious difference in picture quality. I think the benchmark is running on low settings all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                That sounds like fglrx performance might be just fine for the game
                Yes, fglrx issue on nvidia cards... You've just made the stupidest forum post of this month.

Comment

Originally posted by eydee View Post
                  Yes, fglrx issue on nvidia cards... You've just made the stupidest forum post of this month.
                  There might not be perf issue with fglrx when someone play a game i said that i guess, because you said benchmark and actual game performance differ == If it differ for nvidia it will differ for fglrx too

Comment

It seems there might be a need for rerun of these benches with corrections, if they are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                      I somehow doubt that any NVIDIA card runs this at over 60 FPS on Ultra at 1600p.

I have a Core i7 2600K 4.7 Ghz
                      NVIDIA GTX 580 with BIOS overclock to 900 Mhz.
                      This should be at least equal to a GTX 680.

I run this game at 1440p and on the Ultra preset it drops to 24 FPS even in the menu. I can crank everything up unless it isn't dynamic shadows and ambient occulsion, which absolutely destroys framerates for me. I have dynamics shadows at High and Ambient Occulusion at Low, to play it at around 50-60 FPS.

I also tested turning of __GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS=1 in the startup script that it uses. This absolutely changes nothing in terms of framerates.

Maybe this game favors the later NVIDIA chips. Usually games perform well on NVIDIA no matter which chip and the framerates represent actually differences in hardware power.
                      the benchmark mode runs faster, caus it has no sound, no npcs, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X